Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Remove the hologram?

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    This is what i would do but remember im a yankee fan. I would take the mlb and steiner holograms off and then throw the Papelbum plate in the trash where he belongs.
    Now what's your opinion yanks12025?

mbrieve, I figured the hologram would be destroyed, thats why I was going to take a pic before I removed it. The way I see it is that if MLB says it's real, there should be no question.

Thank you to all that have given opinions, even the Yankee fans.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdale View Post
    I have one of those tiger balls too, did removing the 'elite' hologram leave a mark on the baseball??
    I did not get my ball from elite, but another company (can't remember, but I trusted the MLB hologram).

At any rate. My first attempt at taking the hologram off completely freaked me out. I did not realize the hologram sticker would fall apart and leave remanants behind on the ball. However, using a little scotch tape to lightly pull the remnants off the ball did the trick (I hope that makes sense).

Basically, I place Scotch tape over the silvery remenants and pulled it back off. I was happy with the results. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by mbrieve View Post
    I did not get my ball from elite, but another company (can't remember, but I trusted the MLB hologram).

At any rate. My first attempt at taking the hologram off completely freaked me out. I did not realize the hologram sticker would fall apart and leave remanants behind on the ball. However, using a little scotch tape to lightly pull the remnants off the ball did the trick (I hope that makes sense).

Basically, I place Scotch tape over the silvery remenants and pulled it back off. I was happy with the results. Hope this helps!
    Thanks, I will try this. I trust the mlb hologram 100% on these...the elite hologram just junked it up in my opinion. On another note for these balls, its cool having the sigantures dated to right before the world series...I like that about the mlb holograms...heck, people could even collect 'rookie' signatures this way!

MLB/Steiner/et al should realize that holograms should be placed on the back of the item in this case, or an area that is not so prominant that it detracts from the item.