Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Who else is pissed about ebay's no negative feedback for buyers policy????

Quote Originally Posted by brianborsch View Post
    This totally sucks! I have a deadbeat bidder who will simply get to walk away after being "legally binded" and refuse to pay. I just bid on an car at a $50,000 bid and am planniong on not paying. Sure I'll get a "strike" mark on my acoount. But thats just a warning. It doesn't limit my account any. The seller will be pissed and hopefully enough people complian so that ebay brings back the negative feedback! Who's all with me?
    why would the seller of the car be pizzed? you're probably his new best friend and don't even realize it - especially if you continue to bid up his item even though you don't intend to pay if you win. heck, your his perfect shill bidder, no? and he'll just sell to the second highest bidder at a price he probably wouldn't have realized if you hadn't jumped in on the action...

fwiw i like ebay's policy - far too many seller's have gotten away with murder for years. further, i really don't know what the big deal is when it comes to the occasional dead-beat bidder. the seller still has the item in his possession, his ad is already prepared - all he has to do is relist the damn thing or issue a second chance email to the next highest bidder, right? seems like a rather small inconvenience given the tremendous outlet ebay provides. jmo.

robert

I'm not seeing why you would dick someone else over just because you got dicked over by someone? Maybe if it was the person that screwed you over who was selling the car then that would be perfectly acceptable but why mess with someone who isn't even involved?

By the way, I completely agree with you about FEEbay's new policy about sellers not being able to leave negative feedback for buyers. That is a joke and I can't believe they haven't gotten enough flack yet to change it back.

Anyways, I have remedied the car situation. I was just upset. It doesn't mean I like the policy. We'll see what happens with the ebay policy. I went under a few email addresses (my wife's and had some friends as well) just barrage ebay with complaints about the policy. Hopefully the feedback helps.

BB

Banned

Feedback system? What exactly does that mean if you can't leave feedback for another member.

Just a thought

Banned

Just curious, did you join in the boycott against eBay back in Feb. in regard to this change in the feedback policy?

I tried to enlist members on this board and others to join in, but most of what I received was ridicule, negative comments, and whining.

Unless you joined the boycott and at least tried to do something then, I personally have no sympathy for anyone that whines about eBay's feedback policy now.

EBAY BOYCOTT:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=14430

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=14431

eBay has made numerous dubious changes in recent months, and the new feedback system is one of them. Duly note that eBay's market share compared to companies like Amaon has fallen markedly since the changes.

I`ve commented about Ebays greed & their pursuit of "the Dollar" on several threads. I believe I even started a Thread. This was about 2 years ago. I pretty much took a beating with comments about how I was whining etc...Making it a "buyers market" including the no negative feedback issue, only helps EBAY.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    Feedback system? What exactly does that mean if you can't leave feedback for another member.

Just a thought

EXACTLY!

eBay needs to add a Non-Paying-Bidder line on the Feedback which is a more objective feedback in my opinion.

On one of the eBay conference calls they felt the dis-honest seller was the biggest problem and Non-paying-Buyers would be suspended after 3 strikes.

Luckily most people on eBay are honest, but with that said I still endured a few relistings due to non-payers this past year.

One other note that was brought up on the conference calls was that most sellers were afraid of leaving Negatives because they didn't want the retaliation Negative from the buyer and that was another reason.

The other tool is you can block bidders from ever bidding again as well as the ability to cancel bids.

I am mostly a seller on eBay so the 1st thing is I have saved seller preferences and posted my own rules on my auctions. For the first time during an auction I followed through and cancelled someone's bid. It was tough as I had 2 bidders driving up the price and 1 I knew was legit and the other wouldn't pick up the phone and call me so I cancelled him. It dropped the final price of my auction over $1,000 but I felt it was the right thing to do.

I think when you are buying it is caveat emptor and when you are selling it is caveat venditor which is let the seller beware!!! It is just extra due diligence.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500