Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ups Strikes Again

I feel your frustration with UPS and having to go through the claim process, etc. I'm still trying to get things cleared up with a bat that was reported missing/stolen in late October.

Just be sure to keep an eye out on eBay for your item. Mine showed up three weeks later being sold by a company called National Product Sales. They buy missing and unclaimed freight from companies like UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    I feel your frustration with UPS and having to go through the claim process, etc. I'm still trying to get things cleared up with a bat that was reported missing/stolen in late October.

Just be sure to keep an eye out on eBay for your item. Mine showed up three weeks later being sold by a company called National Product Sales. They buy missing and unclaimed freight from companies like UPS.
    So sorry to hear about this nonsense. How do the bats get stolen? Any articles you could point to about the phenomenon? Did you get the bat back from National Product Sales?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

I will never use UPS either, I hate when I purchase something and it is shipped via UPS. They will not deliver ground on Saturdays, they are very very slow.

Keep calling around, if you can get a hold of some of the higher up employees it is amazing how fast your item can "show up" all the sudden.

Hope it all clears out for you.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    So sorry to hear about this nonsense. How do the bats get stolen? Any articles you could point to about the phenomenon? Did you get the bat back from National Product Sales?
    I haven't gotten the bat back yet although National Produce Sales pulled the item from eBay quickly after I had pointed out that this item was reported stolen/missing. They've told me that I need to have someone from UPS contact them about my claim. I have been working on trying to do that and have a friend who works for UPS helping me out now.

I don't know for sure but I think the original seller (AJ Sports Collectibles) must have gotten their money back on the claim they filed because the rep I was dealing with won't return any of my calls or e-mails. I'm guessing he figures it's my problem now or he's not been checking his messages for a long time. I was originally told he needed to have their UPS rep contact National Product Sales but obviously he never did that. Who knows but hopefully something happens soon because I don't have the bat or a refund and I would like one or the other.

To be continued...

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post

http://stores.ebay.com/National-Product-Sales
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I too had a bad experience this week when i order 2 bats from the Detroit tigers and all i received was the tubes. End of the tubes were missing and all the driver had to say was" I thought they felt mighty light". Ups says they found them and are going to overnite them to me..... Now when you buy anything from the Tigers their carrier is UPS . Atleast you could depend on DHL when they had the business

I too, am sorry to hear about the drama with UPS.

In my opinion, UPS is too expensive, and their shipping times are unreliable, unless you do 2 day or overnight, which will cost a small fortune.

USPS, on the other hand, is very cost effective. We ship all of our items via USPS Priority. 2-3 days anywhere in the US, with tracking. In 5 years, we have never had a problem (so I wouldn't know about the claim process).

Because of the low cost of USPS, it allows us to ship most of our products for free. This is a great benefit to the consumer. There's no need to pay $10 - $15 to ship a jersey and have it take a week to get there. $4.75 and its there in 3 days - EVEN ON SATURDAYS! You should ask the company if they would be willing to USPS, instead of UPS. If they are looking to make the sale, they should be willing to work with the customer. In all reality, the customer is #1, right?!

I hope all works out on the claim!

TriplexXxSports is always looking for Chicago Bears Game-Used

Quote Originally Posted by justbaseball View Post
    I too had a bad experience this week when i order 2 bats from the Detroit tigers and all i received was the tubes. End of the tubes were missing and all the driver had to say was" I thought they felt mighty light". Ups says they found them and are going to overnite them to me..... Now when you buy anything from the Tigers their carrier is UPS . Atleast you could depend on DHL when they had the business
    That is very weird, my only missing purchase at the time came from the Detroit Tigers also. The charity fund to be exact, but all that showed up at my door was an empty tube.

The bat "appeared" later on, but must be a Tigers fan working somewhere along the way
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Re: UPS strikes again w/ missing game used item

Well I'm happy to report that there is a happy ending to this thread. Almost 3 months to the day that the Kevin Maas bat I bought from AJ Sport Collectibles turned up missing through UPS it was returned today by the company (National Product Sales) that had acquired the bat.

After waiting for the original seller of the item to do something and then getting the run around from UPS and NPS about who needed to initiate the process, I finally just e-mailed NPS scans of my Paypal receipt, original UPS tracking report and a copy of their eBay listing. In my e-mail I just asked them to do the right thing and return the bat since the original seller was no longer returning any of my messages regarding this issue. Sure enough they did the right thing and I received the bat 11 days later. Case closed on this one!!