Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Anyone check out Rangers fan fest?

I heard a couple things about super long lines, esp Hamilton and Michael Young. No word on game-used offerings. Just curious!!

Re: Anyone check out Rangers fan fest?

They had a huge line for Hamilton. He was scheduled to sign for two hours rather than the usual one and we still didn't get tickets. Had a number of cracked game used bat from Hamilton and others and some game used jerseys, etc. Hamilton talked at a Q&A session afterward and said he always tried to remember that if it was not for the fans he would not be here. And he obviously means it.

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    They had a huge line for Hamilton. He was scheduled to sign for two hours rather than the usual one and we still didn't get tickets. Had a number of cracked game used bat from Hamilton and others and some game used jerseys, etc. Hamilton talked at a Q&A session afterward and said he always tried to remember that if it was not for the fans he would not be here. And he obviously means it.

Did they charge for signatures?
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

There was a $10 charge to get in. All the autographs, talks, and other activities were covered by the entry fee.

Thats the way to do it is to issue tickets somehow. Isn't Josh Hamilton under contract with LoJo still or do I have that wrong.

On the subjects of FanFests, I think most star players charge a fee or the team pays their agent as a public signing if they want that player to be free to the public.

Does anyone know what they charge for Pujols and Ryan Howard and Ryan Braun????
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

How much were the Hamilton cracked bats selling for?

I believe Pujols was $175 at the Cardinals Winter Warmup this year. Not sure about the others.

i had planned on going but a last minute hunting trip became available. i send my wife instead. she didnt know what she was doing but did come away with a kinsler bat, davis bat, and chris davis rookie jersey. pretty good day. if i would have gone i could have hooked you up. ill see what they have later in the season.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Hamilton bats were $300.

$399