Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody go to Tigerfest?

Just wondering if anybody went to Tigerfest.
    Just curious what was there and what the prices were.
    Thanks

Re: Anybody go to Tigerfest?

I did not go, but i see Ebay sure got busy last night for the ones that did attend, after they returned home.

LB

I was out of town...but I know it was COLD and only in the teens for anyone who went. I didn't think they were having much of a discount on the game used stuff (some bases, warm ups, and jackets from what I heard). I'd be interested in seeing if anyone went.

I went, it was cold!!! The authentics had polanco,guillen,inge & pudge bats for 100...unauthenticated. Bases for 100....bp tops & coats for 80...lineups for 75...some game used pants. the foundation had old bats, old hats.....some TBTC pants that I guess went quick..a lot of the usual items.

I went and can just echo what was said by the last poster. No deals that really knocked your socks off.

I did get a 2006 ALCS celebration used champagne bottle for $10, got it signed by Jim Leyland. My buddies were jealous after I got it signed and wanted to go back to that tent. By the time we went back, they were sold out of them (I was thinking about getting another one myself at that price).

They each picked up game used caps - they were all in a rubbermade bin - $10 each. They were no authenticated and mainly seemed to be from ST invitees etc. I think one was a Mike Rabelo road hat from 2006. The other was a Roman Colon road BP hat from 2006. They will probably just end up wearing them...

Quote Originally Posted by mbrieve View Post
    They will probably just end up wearing them...
    Well, if all they wanted were authentic caps, they got a deal. In the sense of the retail price of 25-35 USD.

Quote Originally Posted by Instanton View Post
    Well, if all they wanted were authentic caps, they got a deal. In the sense of the retail price of 25-35 USD.
    That is exactly why they picked those particular hats. Minimal wear and their hat size. I did the same thing at last years TigerFest, mine was a Gene Lamont home Tigers hat...still wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by mbrieve View Post
    That is exactly why they picked those particular hats. Minimal wear and their hat size. I did the same thing at last years TigerFest, mine was a Gene Lamont home Tigers hat...still wearing it.
    I'm not into wearing another man's hat...but I will say that's the way to go. Breaking in a new NE hat is a pain in the arse. Still doesn't sounds like many good deals the major collectibles. (I did pick up a Willis road jersey from Marc last week since I knew I wasn't going to the fest).

It just occured to me, what of one of those players had lice when they wore the hat and then someone (the buyer) wears it later??
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

I think lice died after a certain time.