Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Gino Cappaletti 1960 Helmet??

State Trooper is on his way over. The best part is this guy crossed a state line to make the call, that brings in the feds. I'll keep you posted.

Mr.3000

Quote Originally Posted by NEFAN View Post
    State Trooper is on his way over. The best part is this guy crossed a state line to make the call, that brings in the feds. I'll keep you posted.

Sounds like you live in a state, as do I, that takes matters like this seriously. Glad to hear that.

When you get a chance drop me an email.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjetsfan14 View Post
    I occasionally use a sincere "God Bless" when ending correspondence to family, friends, and acquaintances and while I understand it isn't en vogue anymore I don't necessarily think it is nonsense. It is the person not the words.
    i don't believe that using the phrase "god bless" is out of vogue nor do i believe that using it is "nonsense". what i do believe is "nonsense" (and utterly shameless for that matter) is referencing god in order to pitch a scam - which is exactly what this crook does time and again. it's his m.o. - hence my comment.

as far as this particular ebayer is concerned, you have to wonder what compels him to believe that abusive language and threats is the best way to respond to the well-documented accusations. i mean does he really believe that such a tactic would cause the collecting community to run for the hills and never dare to question his bogus listings again?

having been caught with his hand in the proverbial cookie jar, you would think this guy would simply ignore the accusations and quietly go about his business of floating fakes in the hope that he might continue to fly under the radar. or you would think he would respond to accusations in a civil manner while feigning innocence and naivete. but not this guy - he seems to believe that the best course of action is to show his true colors at a collector's forum that sports memorabilia auction houses, sports memorabilia dealers and collectors frequent daily. and then follow up this performance by contacting individual collectors with an encore. pure genius.

robert

Quote Originally Posted by NEFAN View Post
    I just received a threatening phone call from this crook. He wasn't even smart enough to block his number. I'm calling the cops.
    well done nefan. i've contacted the authorities as well. simply amazing how some out there still believe that the internet equates to a potter-like cloak of invisibility...

robert

In reading through all of this, it is just a shame. People are willing to ruin a hobby that so many of us love for the guilty pleasure of money. I believe there is a word for that: GREED! I hope that this guy gets all he deserves. This type of behavior just sickens me, as I'm sure it does to most of you.

Best of luck to those of he who have to deal with this guy.

Any update on this? Is the guy still selling bogus stuff? Any arrest ever made?
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

I am deployed to Iraq so I haven't heard what the State Police have done. He did try to sell a Bogus Bruschi Jersey a while back, but it was such an obvious fraud, nobody bid on it. This loser will keep trying until caught though