Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Post eBay Frustrated Seller Auctions Here!

yesh,i know all of that about the "watch feature".....but as a seller,you think that people are watching it to bid on it,and thats all i was saying,i know people use it for those other things.....they also use it,to see if a item gets something cause they have the same item and can judge by that what vlaue it gets on there.....again my point was,to watch it just cause the seller tells you not to is childess......i wish i was like you,cause when i used to sell on there (i dont any more,cause of thier rule changes)it used to frustrate me alot when i would have a ton of watchers and no bidders on the item.......
    Quote Originally Posted by commando View Post
    The "watch" feature is a tool that can be used several ways, most of them by potential buyers. For instance, a person might have $200 to spend, but isn't sure what to buy. He browses eBay and finds several items, and "watches" them to remember what he found. He can then go back later and decide which items he wants and can afford. Another thing that I personally do is watch items I know I won't be buying, but am curious what the final price will be (we all do this, I'm sure). Another thing some folks do is use the watch feature because they know they WILL be bidding, but not just yet.

I sell items here and there, and I have noticed how many people are watching my items. I can't say I've ever become frustrated because several people watched, but forgot to bid!

Re: Post eBay Frustrated Seller Auctions Here!

I love the watch feature. Before it I would either bid the min (if it was like an auction that started at 99 cents or something) Or I would have to bookmark the item in my web browswer. It was a pain in the butt to delete all of those links after auctions ended.

Like someone else said. If I have X amount of dollars to spend and i see various items I might be interested in I will "watch" them and come back to them at a later time. If the item stays in my price range I will bid if I have not spent my money on other things.

Also I watch items to get a range of what I should be paying for items. If I feel an item is listed at too high of a price I will watch it and see if anyone bids. If anyone doesnt bid my suspecisions are correct and that item is really not worth what they wanted. A buyer using it as a tool should not be frowned upon by a seller because chances are you wil benefit from it at some point.

As far as using it to get back at the seller I wont do it but I do not see nothing wrong with it. They are not bidding on the item and not paying. If the seller wants to be a D-Bag he gets what he deserves.