Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Anybody Have Guilts About Game-Used Collecting

frik i shot 8 racoons last weekend. are the pics you take after you shoot them in the face?
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    frik i shot 8 racoons last weekend. are the pics you take after you shoot them in the face?
    Given your opinions on proven science, I wouldn't put much esteem on a lot of what you say.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    ...you might be a Collyer Brother.

Who are the Collyer Brothers???

And is that REALLY Eddie Gaedel's famous 1/8 th jersey in the back ground???

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    I didn't do that, but I got an email from the guy who auctioned Gonzo's gum. After that incident, Topps did a big original art piece of a Bazooka comic featuring Gonzo and Bazooka Joe, had Gonzo sign it and auctioned it for charity, and I won the auction. He emailed me to find out who the heck I was. The piece was featured in an S.I. article on "oddest sports collectibles". I was so proud.
    GW -

That's funny. Gonzo use to come into Niketown Denver everytime the D'Backs were here... very laid back easy going guy.

He actually was here in Denver when the whole GU Gum thing broke and Topps flew in a rep along with Double Bubble reps and eBay reps and Gonzo chewed a piece of gum for them that they certified and re-auctioned on eBay since the original auction was shut down and they donated all the winnings to charity...

We asked Gonzo about the gum incident when he came in that morning and he was amazed, amused and a little disturbed that we already knew about 'Gum Gate' the day after the original auction was closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Who are the Collyer Brothers???

And is that REALLY Eddie Gaedel's famous 1/8 th jersey in the back ground???
    The two most prolific collectors of the 20th century. The Collyer Brothers did not own the Gaedel flannel.

frik only giving you a hard time. coon skins go for about 20 bucks a pop where im at. we kill them becuase they are bad for the turkey/quail crop. they eat their eggs. those are some nice pics though. as far as the proven science not too sure where that ones from?
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

as far as guilt goes sometimes i feel guily spending so much money, but then my wife tells me its ok. if i were spending the mortgage payment or running up credit card debt then id feel bad. i prolem is my hunting and game used addictions. belive it or not the hunting one is worse than the g/u by about 2 to 1
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Pretty much everything I own was personally given to me so no, I have no regrets.

I do have Guilt sometimes after I Buy a Item or Items.I have toned down in recent Months in Buying and focused more on Trading if possible.But I get over the Guilt really fast and enjoy what I get because Collecting is a part of my Life and I enjoy doing this and I will keep on Collecting no matter what.

Always looking for Orioles Game Used Items.

Thanks
    Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com