Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Anybody Have Guilts About Game-Used Collecting

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    I could see this thread going downhill with the first mention of something other then game used equipment.

Admin's please put this thead out of it's misery and lock it...
    Why is everyone so quick to lock up the fun threads?

Were all adults here and I think we can take some good natured ribbing here and there

This place is so dry some times that it needs something to spice it up everyonce in a while
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    vintage thats pretty funny.
    Just tryin to lighten everyone up a bit....we need a laugh. This site's been getting waaayyyy too serious.

vintage i would have given you a smiley face but i dont know how guess its cause im a backwoods country sick f#$% according to suicide squeeze. i like how people take the next step from one extreme to another.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

vintage i would have given you a smiley face but i dont know how guess its cause im a backwoods country sick f#$% according to suicide squeeze. i like how people take the next step from one extreme to another.
    No smiley required. I already know that you backward country folk approve of "squirrel eatin" LMAO

I dont really care about hunting. Sure, its kinda sad....but whatever you want.

But, hunting does help the population of certain animals. Like deer, its actually an ok thing to hunt them, to control the population. Otherwise we'd hit them every day on the highway. Now, just once a month.

Ok there. Back to game used.

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    Now Xpress you know I support you on the whole wearing game worns thing but ya look like Fred Durst in this picture Is it true Lip Bizkit is getting back together? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Gingi -

Funny stuff... I've been given the Fred Durst thing a LOT for sometime... before the wife and I met, it actually worked pretty well meeting the ladies at clubs while Limp Bizkit was still popular...

vintage thats pretty funny. godwuld if you would like to prevent this thread from getting derailed any more why dont we discuss this via pm. or we can just agree to disagree. i guess i wont brink up hunting any more and you can go and hang out at the peta website. for everything you say bad about hunting i can say something good about it and this post could go on and on.
    Hey, relax Fnazxc0114, you are way too uptight brother!!

All I'm saying is......Hunting isn't for everybody. I once shot a hummingbird at 60 yards with an air rifle.....had just put a scope on it, fine tuned it, and the beautiful little ruby-throated guy appeared and landed way up high to take a breather. I took his beak completely off......one shot, killed him instantly. It's really none of your or anybody elses business how sick and sad and remorseful that event made me feel, but I'm sharing it just to calm you down. It effected me to the point that I swore to myself I would never hurt another unsuspecting sweet animal that wasn't posing a threat to another human.

I say that because it's the way I felt. It's NOT what my BRAIN told me, it was a physical reaction to what I had just done. So, to me, it's a sick thing to see others do something that, in my natural reaction, tells me is so wrong.

So it's all good. I know where my steaks come from too, and I love a good steak. All I'm saying is it won't be me shooting the animal.

To this day, when I see footage of a bull goring a matador who "misstepped".........I smile.

When I see new footage of an ignorant cop shooting a beautiful mountain lion who strayed too far down the hillside and into a neighborhood becasue the poor thing was starving due to a recent forrest fire that wiped out it's food sources.......my blood boils.

I hope you understand. And from your comments, I believe it's not the hunting stuff that really upset you.

I really believe I hit a nerve with the "interbreeding" stuff.

Happy hunting, Uncle JEB. (I think I hear that banjo in the background again........)

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Hey, relax Fnazxc0114, you are way too uptight brother!!

It effected me to the point that I swore to myself I would never hurt another unsuspecting sweet animal that wasn't posing a threat to another human.....

....When I see new footage of an ignorant cop shooting a beautiful mountain lion who strayed too far down the hillside and into a neighborhood becasue the poor thing was starving due to a recent forrest fire that wiped out it's food sources.......my blood boils.

Huh??

Quote Originally Posted by kudu View Post
    Huh??
    You need clarification, kudo?

They have Animal Regulation people that can tranquilize the animal and safely relocate them to their natural habitat. Shooting and killing the animal is usually what a stupid police officer will do before the proper authorities are called in to take care of the situation properly.

In any case, this is way off base now.

Getting back to the theme of the thread, I have another related comment.

Guilt is most likely associated with second-guessing what you just bought. Someone mentioned (in an earlier post) buyer's remorse......it's a definite close sister. If you start to worry about what you are "paying" for while going after something you want in your collection, then you are already paying too much. There is another force in your conscious trying to tell you something.

I'm guessing that Frikativ is most likely second guessing what she would do if her elaborate Jeff Bagwell collection has to face the music if his name comes up in the "steroid" stuff. It obviously would lose some "steam" in the collecting world if it does. And that simply would be an undesireable sitch to be in, even if she still "loves" the guy. We have to be honest with ourselves......Yes, most of what we buy for our collections, we buy because we are passionate about it. But the stuff has significant value, too. To see the value take a serious hit.......sucks huge.

Frik, if you are in ANY way worried about such an event, then I would suggest you start to unload some of his stuff and maybe look to diversify into a few other players.

We have all heard about the warning in the financial world "Putting all your eggs in one basket". The same goes for almost anything.....including game used items.