Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Michael Jordan Grey Flannel Jersey. Problems.

This jersey was for sale on their site for 5k. If it was legit, I probably would have bought it, but I found some problems with it. It never sold so they thru it into their auction. As you guys know I'm a Bulls 1990's collector. The problems I found were with the back of the jersey. MJ was photographed A LOT. So I found pictures on Gettys from every month of the 1995-96 seaon. The MAIN problem I found was with the spacing of the JORDAN from side to side. In the pictures the J and N almost go the very end of the jersey-just a little space. But GF's has A LOT of space on each side. The spacing of the JORDAN seems a little off too. Notice the Rodman and Pippen backs are the same as MJ's-just a little space. Most legit Bulls gamers from the 90's (and there aren't many out there) come with Bulls team coas. You have to really check the MJ jerseys out closely. Lots of fakes out there. I'm sure this one on GF will go for big bucks. But I wouldn't touch it. Check out the photos and you decide:
    Greg
    biggamebird@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Re: Michael Jordan Grey Flannel Jersey. Problems.

there also appears to be issues with the letter "N' as well

at the top of the letter "N" in game pictures, it appears to have more white than the GF Jordan...like a solid block of white

when you look at the Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman pictures, the "N" is the same in all three....the white doesn't follow the cut of the black

One thing that I noticed in the GF jersey is that the lettering & numbers on the back seem to sit a lot lower than the Getty pics......

.......VERY WELL COULD BE THE WAY IT IS DISPLAYED THOUGH.

I do know that the NOB from his late 1990's gamers(Nike) sat 4 1/2" below the neckline. This is measured from the to top of the 'N' in (J O R D A N) to the base of the neckline.

GF just seems a lot lower IMO.

Banned

Triple X and Lund-I agree with both your findings. It's amazing what you can learn about a jersey the more you study it. Does GF ever photo match at all? They need to hire someone just to photomatch. Of course, we do it for free!
    Greg

Banned

Personally, I'm convinced GF's new preview system is intended in lieu of any reasonable internal authentication effort. The intent seems to be to eliminate all of that troublesome effort and expense by instead letting the public vette the auction pieces for bad ones.

Sort of a "toss it all up to see what sticks" approach.

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    ......I do know that the NOB from his late 1990's gamers(Nike) sat 4 1/2" below the neckline. This is measured from the to top of the 'N' in (J O R D A N) to the base of the neckline......
    I need to correct myself! The 4 1/2" is measured from the 'D' in
    'J O R D A N', not the 'N'. Sorry, we all make mistakes!

33bird, nice tips, thank you very much!!

I'm a very novice Jordan GU jersey collector and appreciate your help. Is it me, or does the top left GF jersey have the 'J' lined up at an angle that the bottom of it could "sit" on top of the top left angle of the "2", but on the Getty photos the 'J' seems to be more of an angle vs the "2" and does not line up? Know what I mean?

I think it's totally legit.

I just tried to log into my account at Grey Flannel......was gonna put a max bid on it for $50,000 to insure I couldn't lose.

But my account has been suspended.

Schucks.

By the way, for those of you who followed the thread that turned into a circus.......I never received a return call back from Mr. Russek.

Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post

GF just seems a lot lower IMO.
    Care to elaborate a bit more on this comment?

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    Personally, I'm convinced GF's new preview system is intended in lieu of any reasonable internal authentication effort. The intent seems to be to eliminate all of that troublesome effort and expense by instead letting the public vette the auction pieces for bad ones.

Sort of a "toss it all up to see what sticks" approach.
    It proven to be a successful business decision for the company. It's cheaper than those plane flights to Hollywood for filming the "People's Court" episodes....