Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Anything Justin Morneau

Mauer7,
    OK. Remember, though, that an absolutely pounded 2008 BWP that was MLB authenticated went without a bid yesterday on eBay (had a starting price of $399). I actually saw that bat at Twinsfest. A very nice bat, but, Morneau's aren't commanding that right now. Also, to most of us collectors, Ball Park Heroes is as good as MLB authenticated. And, his bat went for $210. Believe me, I want them to go for more. I have 7 different Morneau's and have paid as much as $500 for a minor league one. However, they're just not commanding that much right now.

Mike

Banned

Mike,

I agree they are down a bit. I am not looking for $400, but am looking for more than $300. I just think that they will be back up before the year is out. I am not sure you would be interested in this one as its not "pounded". This one shows light use. It was used on April 30th, 2008 against the White Sox.

So, you were the one that got the auction to end early!!! Yeah, I had emailed the seller and he said it was light use as well. However, I cannot imagine you paid over $300 for that bat. Thanks though.

Mike

Also, that bat was only used for 1 at-bat. The Morneau bat that ended yesterday without a bid was cracked earlier in the same game. I thought it was funny that 2 bats that were cracked in the same game and only separated by 1 number on the authentication code, were on eBay at the same time.

Mike

Banned

Yeah, it has about 3 ball marks, some cleat marks and a few rack marks. Also has a nice coat of tar. I'll let you know if I can ever go any lower.