Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Another Lampson Gem!

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I am sorry you feel this way. I always respected you, but your crying over my questioning is out of line and I do not care how you view it - Two supporters who I do not know came on and said my question is valid as the forum is being abused.

As for that helmet guy giving a stupid post above - FOLLOW THE RULES AND EMAIL A SELLER BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION AND DO NOT ASSUME I HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH HOWARD WOLF BECAUSE I DO NOT!

He didn't email the seller. I contacted the seller and asked if he was emailed prior to the post being made and he told me he has not received any emails about the jersey from Howard Wolf.

Why is this acceptable?
    Did I ever say it was "acceptable"? No, I said it really isn't your place as just a regular forum member to CONTINUALLY beat on people on this issue, which you do when you're not defending the indefensible from auction houses. The shtick has grown tiresome so I spoke up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    Joel, I'm glad to see you've become a stickler for following the rules, that will help much in other situations here.

For example, a few months ago, two members got into a verbal sparring match, each baiting each other and each calling each other names. Now, as you know, this is clearly against the rules! This happened on a couple different threads. So the peacemaker in me jumped in and said "Hey guys, this is getting ugly, how about cooling it for a while?" One of the members replied back with a very sarcastic "why don't you formally apply for the job of moderator, since that seems to be what you want to do."

Remember that, Joel?

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
    Ken, every time I have an issue, you chime in, why?

I love it - When someone breaks the rules and I bring it up - I get attacked by weak people who do not understand the concept of fair play.

I call out an issue with this thread, and you bring up something I did wrong in the past? What does that have to do with this situation?

I just received a phone call from the seller of the Ken Griffey, Jr. jersey. He made it clear that Howard Wolf never emailed him his question.

Now I ask the moderators - Why is this allowed, time and time again?

I know - GUU is now a business and an auction house, but Chris Cavalier just made a post about calling out items and a few days later it is ignored and the same bunch of people tell me I am out of line, but eBay seller masauction was never emailed about the concerns and everyone ignores this fact because they want to call me a "spade" - What does this mean? I believe it is a raciest comment from my past dealings with this expression but what do I know.

So, find issues with me and let the forum be a WITCH HUNT where sellers are attacked without being contacted over concerns and then when someone asks why the rules are allowed to be broken - Attack that person because we like people to abuse the system because we are better than the questioner....

Oh wait - I am stopping here. I need to get some sleep. So silly - Attack the person for questioning a proper issue because we cannot accept that Joel Alpert is correct for a change.

Good luck and may your god be with you.

As for that helmet guy giving a stupid post above - FOLLOW THE RULES AND EMAIL A SELLER BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION AND DO NOT ASSUME I HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH HOWARD WOLF BECAUSE I DO NOT!
    hey sport, i'm assuming you are referring to me as "that helmet guy" given i collect vintage helmets... if so, please explain why you think i assumed you have issues with howard based on my "stupid post". go slowly tho, explain as you would a small child....

robert

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    Did I ever say it was "acceptable"? No, I said it really isn't your place as just a regular forum member to CONTINUALLY beat on people on this issue, which you do when you're not defending the indefensible from auction houses. The shtick has grown tiresome so I spoke up.
    Ok, so why do you continue - You are wrong here for harassing me.

I am right, so say you are sorry for harassing me for asking a question that I have a right to ask and move on. I have no issues with you as before this mess you always seems like an upright citizen but harassing me over a question that I do not have to explain why I asked is out of line and excessive now.

Robert,

I think the board cancer is going to come back with something about you and your god. Just a hunch.

Banned

Ok, so why do you continue - You are wrong here for harassing me.

I am right, so say you are sorry for harassing me for asking a question that I have a right to ask and move on. I have no issues with you as before this mess you always seems like an upright citizen but harassing me over a question that I do not have to explain why I asked is out of line and excessive now.
    No apology, I stand by my comments. If you played this card once, fine, but the volume of your work shows an obsession over this issue to the point you're virtually playing mod by lecturing people incessantly over it.

Clearly, this thread is becoming far too personal and is starting to scream for a lockdown.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    hey sport, i'm assuming you are referring to me as "that helmet guy" given i collect vintage helmets... if so, please explain why you think i assumed you have issues with howard based on my "stupid post". go slowly tho, explain as you would a small child....

Sorry, your post was stupid because you told us how all sellers are liars and crooks and you made the point that sellers should not have to be emailed first with concerns since they are all liars and crooks.

Did I understand your concerns better, now? Please continue with the Witch Hunt and allow people to abuse the system day after day after day after day (imagine Dr. Cox from Scrubs here)

Sorry for the confusion. I am tired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    No apology, I stand by my comments. If you played this card once, fine, but the volume of your work shows an obsession over this issue to the point you're virtually playing mod by lecturing people incessantly over it.

Clearly, this thread is becoming far too personal and is starting to scream for a lockdown.
    Yes, lock-down the thread and let people abuse the system time and time again and attack the questioner and let people abuse the system and cop out with the theory of locking the thread.

You owe me an apology for attacking me on the forum when my concerns were genuine..

My points are valid -

CHRIS CAVALIER - I EMAILED YOU, ERIC AND MIKE - WHY IS HOWARD WOLF ALLOWED TO ABUSE THE SYSTEM AND I HAVE TO TAKE THE HEAT FOR QUESTIONING IT?

Is the more to this than meets the eye?

Let's try out some auction house rules for posting. Anyone can post anything, whether it's based on fact or fantasy. Then, after a week or so, the post can quietly be deleted if enough people complain about it.

Then the mods can spin it with, "In our ongoing quest to give you the best GU message board experience, we've deleted a few posts. We're not saying the posts were wrong, but the content needs additional research."

Like someone else said - just see what sticks.

Sorry, your post was stupid because you told us how all sellers are liars and crooks and you made the point that sellers should not have to be emailed first with concerns since they are all liars and crooks.

Did I understand your concerns better, now? Please continue with the Witch Hunt and allow people to abuse the system day after day after day after day (imagine Dr. Cox from Scrubs here)

Sorry for the confusion. I am tired.
    so let me see if i've got this straight - you wrongly accuse me of assuming that you have issues with howard when i never accused you of any such thing, and for good measure you refer to my opinion as "stupid"? and you're the guy concerned about forum rules? you might want to consider a forum rules refresher course sport, perhaps you can start with these...

03. no personal attacks.

04. no advertising.

07. no trolling or baiting.

12. no topic changing.

16. (your favorite). "in instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, it is expected that the poster clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. when possible, it is expected that the poster questioning an item will attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting."

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...hread.php?t=99

btw if you're at all confused as to why i selected the above rules as a starting point for you, please let me know and i will be more than happy to elaborate. as far as your favorite rule is concerned (16), for the life of me i can't find anything there that states it's mandatory for a member contact a seller before posting, that it's mandatory for a member to wait 24 hours for a response.

robert