Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Nationals Strike Again

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Now that is funny. By the way, a majestic HR tonight by Adam Dunn. The HR ball sat in the centerfield grass and was retrieved by the authenticator!!!! I want that ball!!!!
    Heard about the HR. Hope to see it on ESPN. Going to send my helmet and hats off to that signing Dunn is doing in May.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle View Post
    Strange, very strange. If their fan base will not support their team then they have to go somewhere. Blame ownership if you want but don't blame the city they went to.
    Exactly. I said the same to him before.

Like I said, I lived through it as a 12 year old when the Senators left town. Can you imagine having Ted Williams as your Manager and hero and he leaves for Texas. It sucked. I never blamed Texas, I blamed the lousy owner Robert Short!!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Brett - He is not being sarcastic or funny. He seriously hates the Nationals because he was a huge Expos fan and holds the Nationals responsible.

It is ridiculous. Read some of his old posts and inaccurate #'s on attendence.

He tried to be a revisionist to the Expos history. Those of us in Washington that are in our 40's or older met the same fate with the Washington Senators. It sucks to lose your team. You find allegiance in another team or become a multi-millionaire and buy your own team. To blame the new franchise is ridiculous.
    \

I now stand corrected and see what you mean.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Exactly. I said the same to him before.

Like I said, I lived through it as a 12 year old when the Senators left town. Can you imagine having Ted Williams as your Manager and hero and he leaves for Texas. It sucked. I never blamed Texas, I blamed the lousy owner Robert Short!!!!

Yeah, that had to really stink. I saw his post on Washington being a bunch of losers. I guess the Skins don't count??? I know the Caps, Bullets/Wizards, Senators/Nats don't have a very full trophy case, but then again, there are a number of cities that don't exactly have overloaded trophy cases.
    Brett Herman

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

it was sarcasm the Nationals are the laughing stock of baseball. as for its relevance to this site,I guess it has about the same as most posts on this sie,none! WE IN MTL. WERE SCREWED BY MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL AND OUR EX PATHETIC OWNER JEFFRIE LORIA.GO ON UTUBE AND LISTEN TO BILL LEE,HE TELLS IT LIKE IT IS! I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THE CITY OF WASHINGTON,JUST THERE LOUSY TEAM.WE DID NOT LOSE OUR TEAM BECAUSE OF LOUSY ATTENDANCE A CAREFULLY DEVISED PLAN BY SELIG AND LORIA.I simply want this reconized.ANY EXPOS FANS OUTHERE AT ALL,PLEASE COMMENT,AS FOR THE NATS FANS CONGRATS YOU ARE NOW THE NEW LAUGHING STOCKS OF THE MLB. THIS WILL BE MTY LAST HATE POST ON THE NATS I WILL LET THERE ORGANIZATION SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. VIVE NOS AMOURS LES EXPOS!!!!!!

For what it's worth,Lokee...I'll take the heat right with you,as you said what i was going to say about this.I mean if i'm late to work,if i tell my boss i was helping kids,than that makes it ok?And my boss should'nt do anything about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    I might get some heat but Dukes has a job. His job is a pro baseball player and he should show up on time to his job.

End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyla2000 View Post
    it was sarcasm the Nationals are the laughing stock of baseball. as for its relevance to this site,I guess it has about the same as most posts on this sie,none! WE IN MTL. WERE SCREWED BY MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL AND OUR EX PATHETIC OWNER JEFFRIE LORIA.GO ON UTUBE AND LISTEN TO BILL LEE,HE TELLS IT LIKE IT IS! I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THE CITY OF WASHINGTON,JUST THERE LOUSY TEAM.WE DID NOT LOSE OUR TEAM BECAUSE OF LOUSY ATTENDANCE A CAREFULLY DEVISED PLAN BY SELIG AND LORIA.I simply want this reconized.ANY EXPOS FANS OUTHERE AT ALL,PLEASE COMMENT,AS FOR THE NATS FANS CONGRATS YOU ARE NOW THE NEW LAUGHING STOCKS OF THE MLB. THIS WILL BE MTY LAST HATE POST ON THE NATS I WILL LET THERE ORGANIZATION SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. VIVE NOS AMOURS LES EXPOS!!!!!!
    UHHHH so why exactly would MLB consipire against Montreal to remove the Expos? Did team ownership and MLB pay the fans to stay away? Did they cook the attendance numbers? I guess all the photos taken of Olympic Stadium with nobody present for games must have been doctored? I was a bit upset when the Colts left Baltimore but oh well life goes on.
    Brett Herman

just go on youtube and punch in Bill Lee,he tells the whole story!Dont be ignorant,Washington will have the same crowds soon as do many MLB teams,but there is no conspiracy to move them!

Forbes did their annual team valuations and the Nationals had the largest drop-

The Washington Nationals ($406 million) were down 12 percent.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090422/..._team_values_1

Yep, baseball team can go down in value so the $450 million the ownership group paid in 2006 plus all the money they spent in capital improvements are worth probably $60 million less today.

The team they bought in 2005 had a depleted farm system and probably wasn't worth anywhere near the $450 million they paid in the first place.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500