Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: CUBS GRAIL obtained today!!! Its a BEAUTY!!!

Nick,
    Great Jersey! Wow! I'm incredibly jealous.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    the pinstripe coming from the center of the collar doesn't look to match though.
    Yeah, like it's the only pinstripe he wore all season. There's always someone who wants to rain on the parade.

Sweet Jersey Nick, Congrats.

LB

I hear you Larry. Some people just like to be negative.

I love the jersey, and that is what matters.

Thanks for the compliment!!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTIG View Post
    I hear you Larry. Some people just like to be negative.

I love the jersey, and that is what matters.

Thanks for the compliment!!
    Nick, That's a real nice looking piece you got there. I know the feeling of obtaining your "grail." It took me years to hunt down certain Rickey Henderson jerseys, but once finding them, it's a great feeling. Don't worry about the negativity, you'll always encounter that. On your display frame, you should try to fold the sleeves to display the Cubs logo which would make it look even nicer. It looks real sharp right now. Congrats and enjoy!!

Hi Nick,

Great jersey and congrats on finally finding your grail!

I think Dawson should be the HOF one day. His numbers are incredible and untainted.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Hi Nick,

Great jersey and congrats on finally finding your grail!

I think Dawson should be the HOF one day. His numbers are incredible and untainted.
    I totally agree. Consider also his racking up those numbers while playing on two bad knees much of his career.

Cubs fans are anxiously awaiting his enshrinement into Cooperstown. Of course, don't tell this to Cardinals fans...they're still all worked up over Dawson beating out Ozzie Smith for NL MVP in 1987.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I totally agree. Consider also his racking up those numbers while playing on two bad knees much of his career.

Cubs fans are anxiously awaiting his enshrinement into Cooperstown. Of course, don't tell this to Cardinals fans...they're still all worked up over Dawson beating out Ozzie Smith for NL MVP in 1987.

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    I agree with all, Dawson was always a favorite of mine; although I never pursued his items. I think he is a legit HOF'er. If Rice is in, Dawson is in eventually. Class.

Regarding Dave's statement, I never thought Ozzie should be a HOF'er let alone beating one out for an MVP, but that is me. All glove. I'm sure I'll take all kinds of heat there - but that is me!
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Congratulations. I always liked the Cubs home jerseys and to have one of his makes it all the more appealing. Just an FYI to members in case they hadn't seen, there is another Dawson jersey from that year in the current Mears Online auction, namely one with 8 88 3 4 on the strip tag. Bigstig, maybe you can go for it and eventually collect all his jerseys from that year, thereby making your "grail runneth over!"

hrvatwill - Thanks for the compliment. Also I had seen that one in Mears, and if it goes low enough I might just pick it up...once he makes the hall will be good trade bait

from an old mastro catalog. same set number in the strip tag, yet they don't appear to be the same jersey? or they?

rudy.