Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Pink Bats Return

Here's a 2009 photo of some pink bats at the Louisville Slugger factory.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Here's a 2009 photo of some pink bats at the Louisville Slugger factory.
    Thats cool!

For anyone looking to buy jeter's bat, he used it ONLY in the 1st inning. After that, he used his standard LS bat.

Mark

That photo is REAL cool! Look at the MN Twins Michael Cuddyer bat hanging there! Ohhhhh. I gotta try and win one of his!!!!

i see a couple knobless bats in that photo. anyone know who uses knobless bats let me know. i would like to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by momen55 View Post
    i see a couple knobless bats in that photo. anyone know who uses knobless bats let me know. i would like to get one.
    Joe Crede maybe?

MLB Pink Bats

Been following the pink Mother's Day Bats on MLB. He, I've followed Dunn for years. Love collecting the guy. Yep, he hit 2 homers with that bat that is in auction. Uncracked and signed, just like Bob likes 'em. MLB authenticated. I get it.

However........as in anything I collect, I have to be real with it. Somebody is about to pay over $600 for that bat, and it won't be me. That's alot of dough. A good cause, but I have kids to feed. I also have to be real about the fact Dunn played 1st last night and committed 2 errors. Real about him hitting .260. These factors do not make a $600+ bat.

I'll catch some flack on this I'm sure... but I can live without a pink bat.

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Re: MLB Pink Bats

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Been following the pink Mother's Day Bats on MLB. He, I've followed Dunn for years. Love collecting the guy. Yep, he hit 2 homers with that bat that is in auction. Uncracked and signed, just like Bob likes 'em. MLB authenticated. I get it.

However........as in anything I collect, I have to be real with it. Somebody is about to pay over $600 for that bat, and it won't be me. That's alot of dough. A good cause, but I have kids to feed. I also have to be real about the fact Dunn played 1st last night and committed 2 errors. Real about him hitting .260. These factors do not make a $600+ bat.

I'll catch some flack on this I'm sure... but I can live without a pink bat.

RK
    I have to agree. While I'd like to add one to my collection one of these days I'm not really willing to pay the prices that a lot of these pink bats go for. I collect Jimmy Rollins and I know his pink bat would go for way more then $600. To much for me even though the money is going to a worthy cause. To be honest I didn't even see any players bats being auctioned this year that I'm interested in.

And me.I think $500 a piece for either of the 2 Giambi bats available is a bit much for someone who's hitting .195.

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Banned

Bob,

Do you believe 100% that that is the bat Dunn used to hit the 2 HR's with? A few years ago I was at the game when Bobby Crosby hit a HR using a pink bat and they auctioned off a game issued one becasue it had no use on it. Last year Daric Barton hit a HR with one but the issued one again got auctioned off. I know the Dunn bat has marks on it, but it could have been from his other AB's.

Aaron