Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AMI payments

Banned

Re: AMI payments

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I had an associate who is owed money from AMI tell me they emailed him offering him to consign items to the next auction and he would receive payment directly from the customer and AMI would deduct their fees from the money owed to my associate.

So if he sold a $100 item he would be paid the full price (plus shipping since he would ship the item himself and the buyer's premium) and AMI would in turn deduct the buyer's premium and seller's premium from the money owed to him.
    Ponzi 101. When the money dries up, start pomisin' and wheelin' and dealin' to buy time.

Quote Originally Posted by corsairs22 View Post
    If you give someone the information needed to wire money into an account, have you also given them the information that is needed to wire money out of the account?
    Yes. Its the same info.

If you owe them money, legally they can pull money from your account up to the amount that you owe. However, I think that is only if you've given them permission to withdrawal money in the first place.

However, if they owe you and you owe them nothing; legally they cannot pull money out of your account. That is theft.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: AMI payments--

They still owe me some money from their Sept. and Oct. 2008 auctions. Thye sent me the following proposed resolution....so in order to get paid for a prior consignment I have to consign more? Uhh No... have the Nevada Attorney General Consumer complaint form ready to go...

April 21, 2009

Dear Stephen Smith:

We, as many other businesses, have become adversely affected by the economic downturn. We are aware that there has been a delay of payments for your consignments and for this we truly apologize. Due to staff downsizing and upcoming deadline schedules, our availability on the phones has been scarce. However, we are returning phone calls. It has been difficult to answer everyone’s calls when we did not have answers ourselves . We will make every effort to be more available in the future.

Our intention is to continue the excellent business practices we have enjoyed for over 13 years and we have devised a plan to do just this. We command the best prices and the best authentication process in the industry and continue to do so.

Immediate action has been taken to reconcile your account. American Memorabilia has come up with a solution in which we would invite you to work with us so we can build our auctions back into a profitable adventure for all. Please accept this proposal as a way for American Memorabilia to make you whole. We have asked many consignors to help us with this solution and all feel that the solution is sound and will actually be to the benefit to all for future payment practices.

American Memorabilia will be using the buyer’s premium and any consignment fees we would normally incur to pay off your account.

Proposed Payment Plan Process:

• <LI class=MsoNormal>You will be set up as authorized dealer of American Memorabilia Inc. The authorized dealer will be explained to our bidders, letting them know that items denoted by the Authorized Dealer icon will be paid directly to seller of the memorabilia. That this entity or person has been deemed by American Memorabilia authorized to sell his merchandise through our system.

<LI class=MsoNormal>You will be consigning your items to American Memorabilia, however, items will not leave your possession until they are paid to you by the bidder into your PayPal account.

<LI class=MsoNormal>You will log the items into your authorized dealer account. Photos, descriptions, authentication, shipping will be handled by you. We will assist in this entire process. We will be available to help you write the descriptions and edit your photos. Once your account has been reconciled to your satisfaction, you will be able to send your items to American Memorabilia, where we will be able to photograph, authenticate, and ship the items, however, your payments will still be set up to go directly into your PayPal account.

<LI class=MsoNormal>Items must be authenticated. Authentication accepted will be PSA, JSA, UDA, Steiner to name a few. You will be able to send in items to get authenticated and we will send them back to you after the process has been completed as an option.

<LI class=MsoNormal>We will be setting up the payments to go directly into your PayPal account.

<LI class=MsoNormal>All money including the buyer’s premium and any consignment fee normally charged will go directly to you.

<LI class=MsoNormal>You will ship the items directly to buyer and you will be able to keep buyer info rmation.

• The additional money paid to you will be deducted from the money owed to you.

AMI New Proposed Plan Example:

Amount

Formula
    Description

$1,000

High Bid

$150

High Bid * 15%
    Consign Fee (normally paid to AMI)

$850

High Bid – 15%
    Your Normal consignment payment

$200

High Bid * 20%
    Buyer’s Premium (normally paid to AMI)

$1,200

High Bid +
    Buyer Premium + Consignment Fee

Total amount deposited into your paypal account paid directly from the wining bidder

$350

Buyer Premium +
    Consignment Fee

This amount will be deducted from your Pos with (money which is owed to you)

Example Based On: 15% Consignment Fee and 20% Buyer Premium

We understand there will be a lot of questions. We are working on the step by step implementation of this process and will be info rming you of the details via email and phone this week. We will have certain hours that the phone lines will be available to give you a status update and answer your questions in the next couple of days.

Following are the next auction dates. Deadline means that all items must have descriptions, authentication and pictures attached to them in order for them to get placed into the following auction.

Auction End Date
    Consignment Deadline
    May 28, 2009
    May 1, 2009
    June 25, 2009
    June 1, 2009
    July 23, 2009
    June 25, 2009
    August 27, 2009
    July 31, 2009

Sincerely,

American Memorabilia Inc.
    Steve Smith
    Sacramento CA
    916-216-4435
    steve@sfbats.net

what a joke.........I'm wondering how long it took them to pay Don Maynard (I'm sure not long)....

Banned

Let's see:

You send an item in to AMI.

They auction it and get paid by the buyer.

They spend the consignment fee, the buyer's fee, and YOUR money.

Now they want you to help them,

pay you back,

your money,

that they stole.

.................................................. ................................................

Your auction proceeds were NOT their's to spend in the first place.

Bottom line, these people are thieves.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner they shut down, the better.

I recently met an employee of AMI and they were looking for another auction house to work for. I clearly see why after reading all the posts this past year.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Banned

Yea, I got the same letter. As for the lawsuit against them they finally responded and they denied EVERYTHING. Even that they owed me money! So I printed off their invoice to me that stated they owed me 22k for the Bird jersey they sold- and I also gave a copy of this dumb letter that you guys see on here and gave them to my lawyer as obvious proof that they owe me money. My lawyer said they are trying to buy time and are obvious crooks. I'll keep y'all posted.

Let me get this straight. AMI wants the you the "Authorized Dealer" to do all the work (photography, writing, shipping, etc) while they still get credit for the consignment and buyer premiums. The "Authorized Dealer" (AD) gets paid directly for their new items that they are selling but the fees for the consignment and buyers premium paid to the AD is subtracted from the amount that AMI owes to the AD for previous consignments. So what is it they are offering? AMI does nothing but gets credit for 35% of the sale of that item. I guess AMI believes that they can showcase those items wit their large customer list. There already is a company that does the same thing wiith a much larger buying base with just a fraction of the fees that AMI charges and it's call Ebay.

I can't believe how stupid and desperate that Victor and Kieta are with this stupid plan. This shows you just how bad financialy they are. Here are a few questions that I would love for them to answer.

1) Is AMI going to cover all of the Paypal fees that the "AD" is charged when they accept a payment for an AMI auction item?

2) Is AMI going to insure that the "AD" is financialy secure if the wining bidder decides to call his credit card company and say that they never received the item and decides to file a chargeback with their credit card company?

3) Is AMI going to insure that the winning bidder will receive the actual item that was auctioned?

4) Is AMI going to insure that winning bidders will be refunded if the item purchased is found to be not authentic?

Both Victor and Kieta deserve to go to prison for along time for the crap they have pulled this past year. I was very fotunate to get paid last year but many out there have been taken. Some of them have been taken for large sums of money.

It's ironic that AMI tries to portray themselves as high end with their verson of the Robb Report with the flashy ads and articles catered to the wealthy when they don't even have two nickels to rub together except for the money that they stole from their consignors.

Banned

Re: AMI payments--

Quote Originally Posted by wllump52 View Post
    April 21, 2009

Dear Stephen Smith:

We, as many other businesses, have become adversely affected by the economic downturn. We are aware that there has been a delay of payments for your consignments and for this we truly apologize. Due to staff downsizing and upcoming deadline schedules, our availability on the phones has been scarce. However, we are returning phone calls. It has been difficult to answer everyone’s calls when we did not have answers ourselves . We will make every effort to be more available in the future.

Our intention is to continue the excellent business practices we have enjoyed for over 13 years and we have devised a plan to do just this. We command the best prices and the best authentication process in the industry and continue to do so.

Immediate action has been taken to reconcile your account. American Memorabilia has come up with a solution in which we would invite you to work with us so we can build our auctions back into a profitable adventure for all. Please accept this proposal as a way for American Memorabilia to make you whole. We have asked many consignors to help us with this solution and all feel that the solution is sound and will actually be to the benefit to all for future payment practices.

American Memorabilia will be using the buyer’s premium and any consignment fees we would normally incur to pay off your account.

Proposed Payment Plan Process:

• <LI class=MsoNormal>You will be set up as authorized dealer of American Memorabilia Inc. The authorized dealer will be explained to our bidders, letting them know that items denoted by the Authorized Dealer icon will be paid directly to seller of the memorabilia. That this entity or person has been deemed by American Memorabilia authorized to sell his merchandise through our system.

<LI class=MsoNormal>You will be consigning your items to American Memorabilia, however, items will not leave your possession until they are paid to you by the bidder into your PayPal account.

<LI class=MsoNormal>You will log the items into your authorized dealer account. Photos, descriptions, authentication, shipping will be handled by you. We will assist in this entire process. We will be available to help you write the descriptions and edit your photos. Once your account has been reconciled to your satisfaction, you will be able to send your items to American Memorabilia, where we will be able to photograph, authenticate, and ship the items, however, your payments will still be set up to go directly into your PayPal account.

<LI class=MsoNormal>Items must be authenticated. Authentication accepted will be PSA, JSA, UDA, Steiner to name a few. You will be able to send in items to get authenticated and we will send them back to you after the process has been completed as an option.

<LI class=MsoNormal>We will be setting up the payments to go directly into your PayPal account.

<LI class=MsoNormal>All money including the buyer’s premium and any consignment fee normally charged will go directly to you.

<LI class=MsoNormal>You will ship the items directly to buyer and you will be able to keep buyer info rmation.

• The additional money paid to you will be deducted from the money owed to you.

AMI New Proposed Plan Example:

Amount

Formula
    Description

$1,000

High Bid

$150

High Bid * 15%
    Consign Fee (normally paid to AMI)

$850

High Bid – 15%
    Your Normal consignment payment

$200

High Bid * 20%
    Buyer’s Premium (normally paid to AMI)

$1,200

High Bid +
    Buyer Premium + Consignment Fee

Total amount deposited into your paypal account paid directly from the wining bidder

$350

Buyer Premium +
    Consignment Fee

This amount will be deducted from your Pos with (money which is owed to you)

Example Based On: 15% Consignment Fee and 20% Buyer Premium

We understand there will be a lot of questions. We are working on the step by step implementation of this process and will be info rming you of the details via email and phone this week. We will have certain hours that the phone lines will be available to give you a status update and answer your questions in the next couple of days.

Following are the next auction dates. Deadline means that all items must have descriptions, authentication and pictures attached to them in order for them to get placed into the following auction.

Auction End Date
    Consignment Deadline
    May 28, 2009
    May 1, 2009
    June 25, 2009
    June 1, 2009
    July 23, 2009
    June 25, 2009
    August 27, 2009
    July 31, 2009

Sincerely,

American Memorabilia Inc.
    Thanks for posting this letter - It is the same one my associate received. He found it funny that they want to sell his items to pay him back.

I believe the seller gets paid directly by the buyer so AMI doesn't touch the money, from what I was told.

Quote Originally Posted by rose14 View Post
    Let me get this straight. AMI wants the you the "Authorized Dealer" to do all the work (photography, writing, shipping, etc) while they still get credit for the consignment and buyer premiums. The "Authorized Dealer" (AD) gets paid directly for their new items that they are selling but the fees for the consignment and buyers premium paid to the AD is subtracted from the amount that AMI owes to the AD for previous consignments. So what is it they are offering? AMI does nothing but gets credit for 35% of the sale of that item. I guess AMI believes that they can showcase those items wit their large customer list. There already is a company that does the same thing wiith a much larger buying base with just a fraction of the fees that AMI charges and it's call Ebay.

I can't believe how stupid and desperate that Victor and Kieta are with this stupid plan. This shows you just how bad financialy they are. Here are a few questions that I would love for them to answer.

1) Is AMI going to cover all of the Paypal fees that the "AD" is charged when they accept a payment for an AMI auction item?

2) Is AMI going to insure that the "AD" is financialy secure if the wining bidder decides to call his credit card company and say that they never received the item and decides to file a chargeback with their credit card company?

3) Is AMI going to insure that the winning bidder will receive the actual item that was auctioned?

4) Is AMI going to insure that winning bidders will be refunded if the item purchased is found to be not authentic?

Both Victor and Kieta deserve to go to prison for along time for the crap they have pulled this past year. I was very fotunate to get paid last year but many out there have been taken. Some of them have been taken for large sums of money.

It's ironic that AMI tries to portray themselves as high end with their verson of the Robb Report with the flashy ads and articles catered to the wealthy when they don't even have two nickels to rub together except for the money that they stole from their consignors.
    Geez, the AMI says you can send stuff to them and they will get it authenticated and send it back? Does anyone here trust AMI enough to send them a high dollar item, and believe it will ever be sent back? It seems to me like a risky deal to work with AMI right now.