Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: o/t-nba finals thread-lakers vs magic

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post

well, what about this one?

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    well, what about this one?

But of course, who would expect anything different than Magic fans all over the message boards, internet, talk shows crying this morning about the non-call goaltend of Gasol on that last second layup attempt by Lee. My understanding from several announcers and a former NBA ref that was interviewed is that Howard obviously committed a goaltend that was missed as he was up in the cylinder blocking a direct shot/dunk attempt etc. How that was missed is beyond me but it was.

On the other hand according to the former ref, simply touching the cylinder, nets etc. is not a goaltend unless it directly interferes with the potential of a shot going in. If you look at the replay on ESPN or other places, the ball obviously had no shot of going in as it was shot very strong and high off the backboard. Despite the fact that Magic fans are claiming that Gasol was rattling the entire backboard (Not sure what video they are looking at as all the replays clearly show the backboard, rim etc is not moving at all) Gasol did not interfere with the potential of the basket to be made. I am guessing that unless it is extremely, extremely obvious, there is no way you are making a call like that to end a game.

That scenario would be my take on the whole series of calls. There have been a number of strange calls in this series as there are in all series. I have been a bit surprised that they are not allowing Bynum and Howard to bang more down low. It seems like they are calling a ton of fouls while these guys are trying to establish position that are just really ticky tack. Anyway, I expect Orlando to play for their lives tomorrow night as they lose this game and this series is a wrap.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle View Post
    But of course, who would expect anything different than Magic fans all over the message boards, internet, talk shows crying this morning about the non-call goaltend of Gasol on that last second layup attempt by Lee.
    Brett
    Who is crying? I just posted a photo. Folks can come to their own conclusions.

Brett
    Who is crying? I just posted a photo. Folks can come to their own conclusions.

Not implying anything from you BTPH. The entire way into work today all these schmucks are calling up the local sports talk shows crying about that final play in regulation. Magic fans are all over ESPN, SI.com etc crying about it. Bottom line as always officials blow calls both ways. I was not implying anything from your pics at all just pointing out that I was stunned (why should I be stunned, the team that loses is always crying about something) that everyone was up in arms about a non-call that I believe the officials got right.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Thanks,this is a great picture of a rookie laying a brick on a wide open simple layup.Is this suppose to be the same as howard touching the actual ball as it's going threw the net?Because this just shows gasol touching the rim and net,i don't see any ball being touched there.But i understand as you being a obvious laker hater,why you post this picture.

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    Thanks,this is a great picture of a rookie laying a brick on a wide open simple layup.Is this suppose to be the same as howard touching the actual ball as it's going threw the net?Because this just shows gasol touching the rim and net,i don't see any ball being touched there.But i understand as you being a obvious laker hater,why you post this picture.
    Yes, I hate the Lakers. I also hate piss-poor grammar and run-on sentences.

How did i know you would have this kind of inmature response.Seriously,GRAMMER-that's what you got.You're actually criticizing grammer on a forum,That's funny.I'm sorry school teacher,i did'nt realize we are being graded on that on here.Keep up with the hate.
    Yes, I hate the Lakers. I also hate piss-poor grammar and run-on sentences.

Well anyways,to get away from the personal attack on me, and back on topic.I really think this game three will be most important obviously for the magic.It's a must win for them.And i think if they do win,then it could make this series interesting.As i think if the magic win,then it will go the six games i thought it would.But i think if the lakers win,they will win this in orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    Well anyways,to get away from the personal attack on me, and back on topic.I really think this game three will be most important obviously for the magic.It's a must win for them.And i think if they do win,then it could make this series interesting.As i think if the magic win,then it will go the six games i thought it would.But i think if the lakers win,they will win this in orlando.
    Joba, a couple of things:

First, in all fairness, you must admit that you did bait BTPH a bit.

Second, I wouldn't exactly call that a "simple layup." The pass could have been better. Lee was racing toward the bucket at an off-angle against Gasol, who has developed into an intimidating low post defender. It was basically a touch and shoot (with .06 left it was less than a catch and shoot) layup that didn't work out. See the shot again: http://www.blitzcorner.com/NBA/Court...oop-Miss-Video

Now, with all of this said, should Lee have made the shot? Yes. While it was not a simple layup, it is a shot that I believe most 2s and 3s make. He buckled. And no, I do not believe that Pau's touching of the rim had anything to do with Lee's shot not falling. Lee simply bricked it off of the glass.

I like the Magic. They are tough not to like. I am pulling *slightly* for the Lakers as I would love to not have to hear any more of Shaq's stupid comments about Kobe (I realize that this is a lame reason, but I'm not all that personally invested in either team). My interest is in seeing a long, competitive series. The Magic, as a team, though, lost that game. Lee blew it, no doubt. But the Magic made a lot of mistakes in Game 2, not just a bricked alley-oop.

Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.