Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Nice win Lakers! long series?

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    I hate the Lakers. God, I hate them.........

Bill??

WHADDUP??? You hate the Lakers??

HOW can you hate the LAKERS??

That's like being a baseball fan and hating the Yankees....

Even though you may have them wayyyy down on your "favorite" list, you can't be a baseball fan and totally "hate" the Yankees......the team Babe and Lou and Joe and Mickey played for??

So if you like basketball.....you CAN'T be a LAKER HATER???

Lakers and Celtics, BABY.....that's basketball ROYALTY!!

I have one word for you......FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Howard has been terribly disappointing in this series. He's had one good game out of the four. Superman? Of course, Shaq's Magic were swept in his first Finals by the Rockets ... so maybe this is the NBA's version of Superman hazing. Still, Shaq had to deal with the Dream, one of the best 1s in NBA history (many would still rank him above Shaqopotamus). I know Dwight has his hands full ... but I was still expecting more from him.
    sportscentury......let's speak frankly here....

Orlando is a "substitute" this year. They don't belong in the finals.

As soon as we all heard one of the three amigos was down for the year and it looked like the Laker/Celtics rematch was going down the tubes, the only other team that would have made this more interesting of a finals would have been Cleveland.

That didn't happen either.

So we're left with this series, which has actually been better than I thought it would be. Nail-biter games......two overtimes (first time in 25 years in a finals).

But it's over. It's highly unlikely this series comes back to L.A.

But we WILL be laying out the banners for the PARADE!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    HOW can you hate the LAKERS??

That's like being a baseball fan and hating the Yankees....

Even though you may have them wayyyy down on your "favorite" list, you can't be a baseball fan and totally "hate" the Yankees
    Haven't heard this one before.

Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by B1SON View Post
    Ice in his veins. Reminded me of Robert Horry.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by B1SON View Post
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!!

Now.....game 5? The deciding game? LAMAR ODOM will be the hero....that's my prediction. The second most deserving guy on the team, with special mention to Pao.....check that.....they ALL deserve cudos!!

Ariza was on FIRE tonight......he LIT UP his old team that traded him away......the way it should be. Sticking the knife in the team that DUMPS you is always a career definer....

As soon as we all heard one of the three amigos was down for the year and it looked like the Laker/Celtics rematch was going down the tubes, the only other team that would have made this more interesting of a finals would have been Cleveland.

So we're left with this series, which has actually been better than I thought it would be. Nail-biter games......two overtimes (first time in 25 years in a finals).

Could not disagree more. Not sure what Playoffs you're watching. The Magic is a very strong team. They could just as easily be up 3-1 over the Lakers. They let games 2 and 4 slip away. Except for game 1, these games could not be more competitive or more closely fought. They are not as good as the Lakers, but the difference between the two teams is not that great. There are a lot of Laker fans who would agree with this in a heartbeat ... they know that the Lakers are fighting hard for these wins. Game 1 was a joke, but Kobe and company are fighting for and earning the others. There's some real talk for you, Suicide.

Suicide, I would have loved to see a rematch from last year with a completely healthy Boston and completely healthy LA. Granted, Garnett would pose the exact same problems as last year but having a completely healthy Ariza and Bynum might have turned the tides, in fact, I think it would have been a completely different series this year. That being said, I don't honestly know that Boston even healthy gets out of the East as they barely got through Cleveland last year and even though Cleveland was a horrible matchup with Orlando, I don't necessarily think they are a horrible matchup against Boston. Nobody on Boston can slow down LeBron including the Truth Paul Pierce. Ray Allan is ready for the retirement home Cleveland would not have been so horribly exposed with all that crazy outside shooting even though Allan, Garnett and Pierce can all hit the 3.

Anyway, we will never know. I am not too sure that the Celtics window has not closed as well as they are aging quickly at several key positions and they have absolutely no depth off the bench. Oh, I forgot, they do have Starbury.

Good win by the Lakers but the Magic fans are already screaming about fouls and non calls etc. Why does that no surprise me.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Ice in his veins. Reminded me of Robert Horry.

I miss Big Shot Rob
    Brett Herman

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Please for god sake, do not suspend Pietrus. I want everyone to be at full strength when they play in game 5. They are already debating that final play of the game.
    Brett Herman