Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Stephen Strasburg Team USA Game Used Jersey

Probably how ever much Andrew Lang has in his pocket at the time - if he decides to bid of course.
    Email: Tay1038@aol.com
    - Interested in Current & Vintage Minnesota Twins game-used memorabilia - Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, Puckett, Hrbek, Blyleven, Mauer, Morneau, Tom Kelly (Manager), Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints

Mr.3000

Quote Originally Posted by Tay1038 View Post
    Probably how ever much Andrew Lang has in his pocket at the time - if he decides to bid of course.
    You're probably right lol

I saw he had a bid in yesterday so I know he's after it....

Come on Andy, what's she worth to ya? LOL

I like the idea of his jersey with provenance. I have a number in my mind for one more bid but I won't run after it as I am sure it will sell for $3,000 or more.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Anyone see the final price? Dying to know!

Quote Originally Posted by section227 View Post
    Anyone see the final price? Dying to know!
    $3,645.00

Seems reasonable considering all the hype around this kid. Personally I would have a problem spending this much on a guy who hasn't even tossed a professional pitch. Anyone remember Mark Prior?

Wonder why this one worn by SS against Canada has the name plate on the back, while other white ones currently on auction worn against China have no name plates on them? Also, all of them look to be 1 game wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    Wonder why this one worn by SS against Canada has the name plate on the back, while other white ones currently on auction worn against China have no name plates on them? Also, all of them look to be 1 game wonders.
    The China game was early in the summer schedule and was a part of the National Team Trials. Not all members that were on the squad at that point made the final national team at competed overseas. I do have photos from later in the summer that show NOB. My best guess is that they hold off on adding names until the final roster is set.

It is also important to note that the other jerseys listed are from the collegiate level national team. The Strasburg is listed as an Olympic exhibition versus Canada and that was a completely different national team. The Olympic team consisted entirely of professionals with the exception of SS.
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    Seems reasonable considering all the hype around this kid. Personally I would have a problem spending this much on a guy who hasn't even tossed a professional pitch. Anyone remember Mark Prior?
    Agreed. I'm glad for whoever won it and wish SS well. I can't afford to collect that way -- paying that much for someone that hasn't played an inning yet of MLB. Yet as I collected Cordova, I was always thrilled to find early high school items ... but certainly not at those prices.

As a collector, not a speculator, I could find a pretty sweet bat from a lifelong hero of mine in the HOF for $3500.