Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: June Pick Ups

Re: June Pick Ups

Quote Originally Posted by skinsfan0521 View Post
    I agree with you that it's the hat... it's just that it can't be called a true photomatch unless there's something specifically identifiable in that picture that can be exactly matched to the hat in your possession. If you search on here, you'll see that there have been MANY, MANY discussions about this.

-Brian
    The only reason why I called it a photomatch is because I almost positive it's the hat. I have a game used jersey from Lastings, and there's many pictures of him wearing that jersey, and I can't match it for sure. Therefore, I never posted a picture of him wearing that jersey because he has more than one of them. With this hat there can only be one (I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    The only reason why I called it a photomatch is because I almost positive it's the hat. I have a game used jersey from Lastings, and there's many pictures of him wearing that jersey, and I can't match it for sure. Therefore, I never posted a picture of him wearing that jersey because he has more than one of them. With this hat there can only be one (I hope).
    Just be careful - there's a looooooong way between photomatch and "almost positive"....just ask Lampson!

Adam Jones 2009 game used bat... broken in the first pitch in 4th inning vs Seattle on 6-09-09
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by shoremen44 View Post
    Adam Jones 2009 game used bat... broken in the first pitch in 4th inning vs Seattle on 6-09-09
    Wow! So you are telling me he broke it, and 10 days late you have it? That's cool.

Great Photomatch!
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Where is the match? I see that you circled the tar/Mota on the handle, but I don't see a uniqueness to it. You also circled the M logo in the middle, but I didn't see why. Can someone clue me in here. thanks, Ricardo
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Banned

Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't see it. Looks like a bunch of circles wandering aimlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    Where is the match? I see that you circled the tar/Mota on the handle, but I don't see a uniqueness to it. You also circled the M logo in the middle, but I didn't see why. Can someone clue me in here. thanks, Ricardo

I dont see a match there either, same on that Markakis bat. Looks like your pointing out random areas on each bat, I would say style match on both. Their is nothing on either bat that would say that is without a doubt a match .

Gordon Beckham #5 & Dayan Viciedo #52 game worn Birmingham Barons jerseys from the 2009 Rickwood Classic.

Davis and Griffey bats

Just got these, Eric Davis early model bat, and Ken Griffey from a fellow forum member

Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't see it. Looks like a bunch of circles wandering aimlessly.
    I dont see a match there either, same on that Markakis bat. Looks like your pointing out random areas on each bat, I would say style match on both. Their is nothing on either bat that would say that is without a doubt a match .
    I new people were going to comment.... thats why I didnt say it was an exact photomatch...

with that said I know it is the bat as I got it from an impecable source who got it from the O's... as well... I am not randomly circling areas... I was trying to circle where the tar stopped and started on the bat as well as some ball marks... Getty doesn't have any photos so I did the best I could off MLB.TV

As far as the Markakis goes... no the photo doesn't have a model number on ot, but to me the black tape overlaying the white is perfect

I realize everyone is tough on photomatches, but I have never seen two bats that are exactly alike, as well I have only ever seen two or three perfect photomatches...

I think these are good, and since they are going to hang on my wall, in the end thats all that really matters
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com