Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Show Your #1 Game Used Piece And Explain Why

Quote Originally Posted by newyork2 View Post
    Lol Agreed
    ny2, you started the derailment.

Either my Joel Youngblood Gamer from 1978 or my 1980 Doug Flynn he won the gold glove that year.I would lean towards the Youngblood though it is hammered with stains...

Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

My #1 piece would probably be my Mark Kotsay game worn 2008 Braves home jersey. He wore this jersey while hitting for the cycle and collecting his 1,500th hit on the double which completed the cycle. Kotsay is only the 2nd player in Atlanta Braves history to hit for the cycle. This jersey is photomatched too

Loose stitch in the "A":

Loose stitch on the bottom right side of the patch:

Quote Originally Posted by gamer35 View Post
    Tony, all due respect, but you came on here a few months ago and had people searching high and low for videos/photos to help find a match of your bat. However, when people inquire the outcome of your findings, you conveniently ignore those inquiries and just continue to ask about other A-Rod bats. You don't owe the people of the forum any explanation, but you not addressing those inquiries speaks volumes regarding the authenticity of the bat.
    It's been proven the bat isn't a HR bat. Do you think that makes me feel good as an Arod collector? No!

There are people in the forum that are here for many reasons.

* Some are here to help and want to do the right thing for the hobby.
    * Some are on here who are straight up haters, and specifically against specific players.

Some were in my corner, hoping all worked out well. When it didn't, they said they felt bad it didn't turn out well

Some were sitting back, waiting and hoping it wasn't good, so they can bash the heck out of Arod.

I've been a part of this forum to know who is who.

As a fan and collector, I'm sad it didn't work out. For those of you who hate Arod, and hoped nothing but negative would come out of this so you could bask in your hatred, get a life!

Regards, Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    It's been proven the bat isn't a HR bat. Do you think that makes me feel good as an Arod collector? No!

There are people in the forum that are here for many reasons.

* Some are here to help and want to do the right thing for the hobby.
    * Some are on here who are straight up haters, and specifically against specific players.

Some were in my corner, hoping all worked out well. When it didn't, they said they felt bad it didn't turn out well

Some were sitting back, waiting and hoping it wasn't good, so they can bash the heck out of Arod.

I've been a part of this forum to know who is who.

As a fan and collector, I'm sad it didn't work out. For those of you who hate Arod, and hoped nothing but negative would come out of this so you could bask in your hatred, get a life!

Regards, Tony

Tony,

I'm with you all the way.

I'm really sorry to hear about the bat. I hope you find a way to get some sort of a proper resolution to the fact it turned up bad. I will not ask you in the future if you were able to do that......just know I feel very badly for you. And not just because the bat is bad....but because of the fan-aspect of it all too.

Take care,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    1996 ARod 1st Grandslam Baseball

Why? I think it was the way I got it. I had to wheel and deal some of my ARod cards to acquire this piece at the Nationals. During the process, I was also able to buy some ARod SP rookies in one aisle and then flipped them two minutes later in the next row. It was lots of fun raising the money and then paying cash for it. That was a good day. I also got a Uncut sheet of the 1995 SP Holoview Inserts that day.

Joel,

I own his second career Grand Slam. When it was advertised (in Heritage's auction a few years back), they stated the first career Grand Slam of his was believed to be "lost to the ages". Wow, it's kind of cool to know it does exist and was kept track of.

I also own the jersey he was wearing when he hit the grand slam (2nd), and he notated the jersey with "Grand Slam" too.....it's really cool.

Steve

I've posted photos of this bat before, but it has to rank as my #1 so here it is again. Albert Pujols signed and dated rookie gamer, from ARF 2001 Baseball Stars to the Rescue auction. My winning bid was $1110 in case you're curious. Per H&B records, bat was shipped to Pujols between 8/22 and end of the season.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Tony,

I'm with you all the way.

I'm really sorry to hear about the bat. I hope you find a way to get some sort of a proper resolution to the fact it turned up bad. I will not ask you in the future if you were able to do that......just know I feel very badly for you. And not just because the bat is bad....but because of the fan-aspect of it all too.

Take care,

Steve
    Steve,

Thanks! At least someone understands and gets it!

Regards, Tony

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Joel,

I own his second career Grand Slam. When it was advertised (in Heritage's auction a few years back), they stated the first career Grand Slam of his was believed to be "lost to the ages". Wow, it's kind of cool to know it does exist and was kept track of.

I also own the jersey he was wearing when he hit the grand slam (2nd), and he notated the jersey with "Grand Slam" too.....it's really cool.

Steve
    steve,

its great to know that the second grandslam ball has a good home.

i remember the writeup well and grinning. i thought for sure the third grandslam would go for more than the second writeup because it tied a grandslam in one season record. but that writeup gave more interested in the second grandslam baseball. how do you do your homework to verify that fact in the writeup?

scrambling to get the money for the baseball was exciting just because i oddly found myself unprepared at the nationals. i didn't expect to find something so spectacular that day and was just going to look for appleton stuff and clemente oddball stuff. luckily i brought a box of arod cards along and also did some creative wheeling and dealing at the show. its almost like racing against the clock.

good to hear steve. you know who owns the third slam from the 1996 season?

regards

joel
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

This one is easy. 1993/94 White Vancouver Canucks Pavel Bure. Greatest ever Canuck, best ever Canucks season, scored 60 goals and it has 3 nice sized repairs and a sleeve extention insert to help guard his wrist after he hurt it. And oh yeah, it's MeiGray Registered too Hoping Stu at MeiGray can photomatch it this year at the MeiGray Convention.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com