Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: VICK Signs with Eagles

I'm done posting on this thread. Good luck everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    Did Jesus fire off many fat ass zingers?
    Tell me about it. For now, I will stick to my own moral code, one that says that it's unethical to make fun of people with endocrine disorders that cause obesity. The same code that says that it's wrong to electrocute and drown animals.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    Regardless of him being anyones child, he's still scum. He's only sorry he got caught. People that are capable of such acts do not just suddenly develope remorse and empathy. Talk to a therapist or a psychologist, they will more or less tell you the same. And yes, I have scum in my family, unfortunately. I will not get into details. But I will say that even the closest relative (father, mother, daughter, son) of mine would be viewed the same had they committed these heinous acts. I speak from personal experience. Something clearly lacking from most who post on this topic, in this thread. Until you have a murderer, serial killer, sociopath, rapist etc in your immediate family you will have no clue whether or not you would forgive so easily. Trust me. What Vick did pales in comparison to some of the things I've seen and had to deal with from my immediate family.

It's easy to forgive, or say you would, when you haven't had to deal with such things personally.
    I appreciate your saying that. I have dealt with a number of sociopaths in the prison system, through mere correspondence. Even in letters, these people are taxing to deal with - they are only out to get something from you, and don't display any empathy or remorse for the grave crimes that they have committed. That being said, I cannot imagine having a monster in my own family.

As I said, just corresponding with the worst in human society makes me believe that Vick is right up there. The same attitudes and being impervious to any moral scruples or the rule of law, are evident in Vick. There is no remorse, only wanting something for himself, namely, to play football. The sad thing is that in our society people are in awe of athletes, not people's moral actions.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

----------------------------------------------

If some of you do not like my moral views, then don't post your moralistic views about Mr. Vick.

Judge the man on his athletic ability, and leave his morals, and yours, off the board.[/quote]

sammy, I don't know you, or have an agenda to have anything close to resembling an argument with you, but dude.....

It just so happens that peoples morals can cross lines in society call LAWS. When they BREAK them, and certain ones are definately worse than others, all other things like athletic ability kind of take a back seat.

Who really cares about Michael Vicks athletic prowess when he is financing an arena for dogs raised in a living hell where their only out is to fight well enough to kill their own kind, or die themselves as they drown to death?

Is there really any reason to discuss this any further?
    All I have to do is comprehend what he did, and know that his second chance is a hard teeth-breaking punch in the mouth to everyone in society that has a warm heart, and love for living creatures.

t

Banned

-------------------------------------------------------
    y

Here guys......read about your fine citizen who deserves another chance.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...d-in-prison-on-

It took him placement in his prison cell to finally break down and realize the wrong he referred to as "excitement". Yeah, I see he's well on his way to redeaming himself to society.

Let me just state the obvious.....if it takes your ass hitting the cot in a 7 x 9 cell to make you realize you're involved with something seriously warped, socially wrong, and cruelly vicious to living creatures most have as their precious pets.....then you've got problems that won't be corrected by some time in a correctional facility.

Losing his $135,000,000 contract, making him the highest paid football player is no doubt what made this loser cry, because he hasn't the genetic make-up between the ears to know the difference between right and wrong, or what it means to be "human".

Like I said before, if he were me or you, we'de have no job to go back to, let alone a contract for millions. This is yet another disgusting display of just how warped and screwed up our Nation, our society, and our views of how to send out proper messages to wrongdoers has reached. Michael Vick ought to be given a wet/dry vacuum to suck up all the spit on the sidelines of a professional football game. That's a job fitting of his character.

I, too, am done with this thread. There's nothing else I can add.