Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Brett Favre 1996 Game Worn Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by gwh11 View Post
    Something else worth mentioning: Note the holes at the top of the GF letter. There was once a polaroid photo of the jersey stapled there. They did this before putting images directly on the letters.
    Which have since been removed. Not reassuring.

Thanks, Guy. I didn't know they used to do that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    November 13, 1996 - but it makes no mention of such a bulk purchase, appears to be one that came individually to them for 1996 auction from an outside source.
    That date would have actually been BEFORE their bulk buy. The polaroid photo add-on slipped my mind: that contention is accurate for the era, and the removal of such would be a cause for major caution.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Well, he dropped his asking price to $3800, but it still didn't sell.

I'll save the pics, just because this might be an interesting historical thread:
    Attached Images Attached Images       

The rest:

And this one, which he offers as an example of what similar jerseys have fetched at auction:

Just to keep this going, it's been relisted at $3800.

Truth be told, I'm tempted to ask for more information - if it's legit that's a great price.

Quote Originally Posted by BorchertField View Post
    Just to keep this going, it's been relisted at $3800.

Truth be told, I'm tempted to ask for more information - if it's legit that's a great price.
    I don't blame ya... to be honest, there's nothing in this thread that makes me doubt it's authenticity. It seems like people are just skeptical because of all the Favre fakes, not specifically this one.

Either way, I'm not interested in Favre stuff, so I won't be buying it, but it doesn't seem that bad to me. Plus, you could probably flip it by consigning it with Gray Flannel again and make a profit.

-Brian

Unfortunately, Favre jerseys don't have to be proven fake - they have to be proven legitimate. The burden runs that way.

As for reselling a fake through Grey Flannel, I wish I could. Heck, we could even get Lou Lampson to verify it as authentic, if we were similarly devoid of scruples. Damn my conscience!

Right, I understand the comment about having to be proven legitimate, it just seems that people are just saying it can't be good w/o any evidence... just the fact that it's a Favre gamer.

I wasn't suggesting that you buy it and re-sell it if you KNOW it's fake. I'm just saying that through this whole thread, nobody has actually determined it's fake. It's possibly got some "issues", but nobody's sure either way.

I agree with you 100%. It seems EVERY atuhenticator has mistakes. Un or intentionally. I think it is TOO EASY for forum members to throw thier opinion hat in the ring and say STAY AWAY just because of a previous error by an authenticator. However, there are also some authenticators (not mentioning names) that have no business authenticating a piece of toilet paper. Unless you peeled it off the players back there is NO 100% authenticity...probably the closest would be a photo match. I think the possibilities of it being real are probably 95%...however that means there is a 5% chance its a fake. I wouldn't soley base it as a fake because Gray Flaneel has issues. No one can tell me everything they have authenticated is 100% fake. That's my opinion.