Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ramon Hernandez GU Pink Bat?

I purchased this bat directly from the Reds in their online auction. It was sold as a Ramon Hernandez bat and has the number 55 on the knob. However, I'm pretty sure the signature on the bat is not his. Is this normal? Any idea who's signature it is? Appreciate any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Ramon Hernandez GU Pink Bat?

its the Cardinals Skip Schumaker bat........email me if youd like to sell it!
    wahboom22@aol.com

thanks
    Wade

Update: Ramon Hernandez GU Pink Bat?

Thanks to wahboom22 for accurately identifying my MLB Authentic pink "Ramon Hernandez" bat which is actually a Skip Schumaker gamer. Obviously MLB Authentic blew it when they misidentified the bat. I wonder how often this happens? Anyway, they haven't been a lot of fun dealing with. In fact they have never admitted that they made an error. I returned the bat and I'm still waiting for a full refund. I'm currious, has anyone else here had a similar experience or did I just have incredibly bad luck?

Re: Update: Ramon Hernandez GU Pink Bat?

Well I returned this bat once I confirmed it wasn't Ramon Hernandez's. Now it's back up on the Reds auction site listed as an MLB authenticated Hernandez bat even though I explained to them it was Schumaker's. Anyone else have these problems with MLB Authentication?

Banned

How do you know Hernandez didn't use it?

Good point Suave, something I didn't really think of. Although the Reds played the Cubs, just not sure how it would get over there. Guess for the Jeter Mets bats and some of those other mistake items, anything is possible.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Banned

Hey look anything is possible players use other players equipment all the time.

I think the most biggest puzzle recently was when Francisco Cervelli was using a David Wright third basemans glove.

Hernandez was definitely using a pink Xbat in his first at bat. Second at bat he was not using a pink bat at all. In his last three at AB's he was using a pink XBat. Who really knows, I guess anything is possible.

Hmm. Here's the same thing for sale right now:

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=131340836
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    How do you know Hernandez didn't use it?
    Yes, it is possible that Hernandez used Schumaker's bat but there's no indication that that was the case. The description from MLB doesn't mention it. Also, when I contacted MLB Authentication about the bat just over a year ago, they made no argument that it was Schumaker's bat but used by Hernandez. Just seems to be too big of a coincidence that he happened to use the bat of the player on the other team with the same #55. Seems to me more likely that they mixed the bats up after the game.