Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

How do you Photomatch

Hey guys,

Just looking at everyone's photomatching skills and was just wondering what program everyone uses to do it. Trying to find something easy and cheap/free which i can use to photmatch.

Thanks

Re: How do you Photomatch

There is no 'program' for it. Its more about comparing any/all photographic documentation available against the item you are trying to match.

Comparing specific traits such as grass stains, threads, wood grains, specific marks, locations of specific characteristics, number/logo placement, font style, etc.

I guess you can say that having the 'eye' for it is the best program there is.

thanks.

right, of course there is no program that shows you the matches, however, when you put the circles to match the white mark on your bat to the picture of the mark, how do you put those circles there

I use Microsoft Paint to do the circles and all the highlighting. One great program that is good for resizing, and various photo options is IRFANVIEW.

Its free from this site: http://www.irfanview.com/

I spend quit a bit of time photomatching my items as well as stuff for other people and those are the 2 main programs I use.

I use Photoshop. Circles are easy to draw.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by lehmsbobby View Post
    thanks.

right, of course there is no program that shows you the matches, however, when you put the circles to match the white mark on your bat to the picture of the mark, how do you put those circles there
    YOu can make circles with PAINT.

Program>Accessories>Paint
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I have been doing alot of photomatching off of MLB.TV...

I too use microsoft paint...

first I put the two pictures into powerpoint in order to overlap and be able to rotate them... then I copy them into paint to add circles and make a picture
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com