Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Brett Favre Throws Wiinning Touchdown with 2 Second Left

F ing Favre!!!!!!!!!!! He is a hell of a qb, but damn, did he have to do that against my 9ers? He always kills us no matter what team he's on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondsgloves View Post
    If the niners get a first down the games over, Favre was lucky to even get a shot. Favre beat a team that won like 4 game last year. Lets wait till they actually beat a good team before we say that favre is so great. The guy sucked last year. Lets wait till the end of the year and see how he does. The 49ers gave it to him more than him being heroic.

"Is this guy kidding?" - Happy Gilmore Movie

Dude, why so salty? The man controls the game. Go Vikes!
    Email: Tay1038@aol.com
    - Interested in Current & Vintage Minnesota Twins game-used memorabilia - Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, Puckett, Hrbek, Blyleven, Mauer, Morneau, Tom Kelly (Manager), Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints

The 49ers gave it to him more than him being heroic.
    The 49ers gave it to him? Right. Marching down the field with a minute on the clock is just a gimmie.

Point is Farve just put a W on the board for the Vikes. Bad day to be a Farve hater.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Its funny one good game in the last 2 years and everyone thinks Favre is a savior. My point Favre was lucky to have that chance. The 49ers could of put the game away if they went for a first down, they decided to let the defense try and win the game. The catch was more impressive than Favre's throw. The 49ers had 3 opportunities to intercept passes and put the ball game away. I'm just saying Favre wasn't that impressive playing at home in the home opener and practicly loosing to a team that is still in the rebuilding process.

Its funny one good game in the last 2 years and everyone thinks Favre is a savior. My point Favre was lucky to have that chance. The 49ers could of put the game away if they went for a first down, they decided to let the defense try and win the game. The catch was more impressive than Favre's throw. The 49ers had 3 opportunities to intercept passes and put the ball game away. I'm just saying Favre wasn't that impressive playing at home in the home opener and practicly loosing to a team that is still in the rebuilding process.

He's playing an entirely different kind of football so far this year then he has the last couple. The kind that can be described with one word: "Patience". If he keeps it up, he's going to find himself with a lot more opportunities to win close games then he would if he was forcing the ball down the field into multi coverage all game. He's probably not going to put up some of the huge stats he has in previous years, but he's probably (hopefully) not going to put up 4 interceptions a game either.

The 49's are rebuilding but if you don't think their good you're crazy. That was in fact an "impressive" even incredible catch, if you don't think the throw was too you're even crazier. Somebody had to put that ball in the perfect spot. I can't think of a whole lot more people in the NFL that are more fun to watch play.

Go Packers! (and sometimes Vikings )

i've never been much of a favre fan but, man oh man, i was sure as hell impressed today - how about when he threw that 20 yard dart over the middle and then sprinted 25 yards downfield to help block the moment the ball left his hand - heck he laid out patrick willis on that play! a 40-year-old guy (two weeks removed) no less! favre, this bud's for you...

robert

A great play will, no doubt, spawn a 5K JO jersey.

Browns, Detroit, and San Fran. Lets see how he does against some real opponents.

I sure as hell wouldn't be buying tickets to Miami yet.......

Brett who?

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    i've never been much of a favre fan but, man oh man, i was sure as hell impressed today - how about when he threw that 20 yard dart over the middle and then sprinted 25 yards downfield to help block the moment the ball left his hand - heck he laid out patrick willis on that play! a 40-year-old guy (two weeks removed) no less! favre, this bud's for you...

Bondsgloves....The point is, Brett Farve got the chance. And what he did with it was legendary. Throwing that last pass across to his right while scrambling to his left just before getting pummeled, placing it only where his receiver could get to it....with the game on the line....no more time if it's incomplete.......I mean c'mon, are you kidding ME?

The San Francisco 49'ers are not rebuilding, they have arrived. They will win their division this year. They are a GOOD team.

Brett Farve still has one of, if not THE best (strongest) throwing arms in the NFL. He proved it on not just that last throw, but several in the game, and in particular that drive. He can zip it in there with the best of the best. But that block aeneas referred to was insane. I'm sure the coaches, after all of the excitement in the locker room calmed down, had a serious chat with him about that.

But that's Brett Farve, and that's an indication of what kind of a guy he is. As a former football player, how can you not love a teammate like that? I'm telling you, he is got that team so fired up right now, they probably truly think they are invincible. And that's exactly what a leader is supposed to do.

You guys should appreciate the fact that he's still playing, and stop the hating. It would be like if we still had Muhammad Ali around to watch fight. We are blessed with his presence in the game. Enjoy it while you can, he is a once in a life-timer.