Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

George Brett's last home game bat... NOT!

What the heck??? Is Borat selling great game used items now.

Beware of ebay seller rjbmagic1974. He intentionally misleads and misrepresents his items. If he has so little integrity, how are we to trust his items are genuine?

He feels the need to intentionally lie and mislead on what appears to be an incredible George Brett gamer.

Auction title:
    George Brett last home game used bat

Auction description:
    This Louisville Slugger model C271 bat was used by George Brett in his last home game. The bat show a great deal of use and the pine tar is caked heavily. No it's not THAT BAT but is is a great piece used by a great hitter and hall of famer. It comes with very nice wall mont display case.

++++++++++++++
    Thats right, "this is the bat...no its not that bat"

Ugh, intentionally misleading potential buyers? WHY??? Why in the world does rjbmagic1974 think intentionally misrepresenting $4500 items is a good way to earn a potential buyer's trust. Its a phenomenal looking bat, but if he feels the need to lie, why would I fork over $4500 to him?

http://cgi.ebay.com/George-Brett-las...item2a02112e52

Re: George Brett's last home game bat... NOT!

I read it as him saying it's not the pine tar incident bat...

Quote Originally Posted by sctizzle View Post

That's what I think too when I read it

Thats an interesting take I would not have come to on my own. I'm not disagreeing with you, but why do you read that into it, when he makes no mention or allusion to the pine tar incident?

Pine Tar Incident seems like an odd event to refer to when discussing his last home game since that was 10 years earlier.

I guess I should temper my confusion and frustration over the listing. I guess it is possible he's alluding to an event that was 10 years earlier and was an obviously totally different labeling period with totally different tar application. Maybe he does maintain its the last home game bat. Perhaps the akward statement is confusing but not an admission of intentional misleading as I originally assumed, in my not reading the unwritten.

It is the right label period to potentially be from his last season. I withdraw my harsh criticism pending further information.

Quote Originally Posted by sctizzle View Post

the George Brett last home game jersey that he is selling is incorrect. In 1993 the Royals had a full block #5, note the 5 style on the jersey being sold. There is an extra bend on the 5 that is being offered.

I agree he worded it very weird, but I took it as him saying it was not the pine tar game bat because it came right after him saying it was caked in pine tar.

It sure does look like an awesome heavy game used bat though.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post
    the George Brett last home game jersey that he is selling is incorrect. In 1993 the Royals had a full block #5, note the 5 style on the jersey being sold. There is an extra bend on the 5 that is being offered.
    Interesting... I have not any expertise in jerseys, though I was at the last home game and took pictures, so if I can find those I'll let you know what I see. Does it appear that there is a weird stain around the date signed on the jersey? It appears to me that its a discoloration of some sort, perhaps a yellowish tint.

I think you are right on the 5.. the corner on the left before the bottom half circle of the 5 should be a right angle. The below is not the last home game but is 1993. Hold on... let me find my pictures from that game and scan one in.

Re: George Brett's last home game JERSEY... NOT!

Michael... as usual you are dead on correct...
    Here is the purported jersey:

Here is a few pictures I took from the front row at that game.. Note the extra bend in the for sale jersey versus this picture. (wish I had a better telephoto lens back then... these are pretty seriously cropped - but good enough to prove the point)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    Interesting... I have not any expertise in jerseys, though I was at the last home game and took pictures, so if I can find those I'll let you know what I see. Does it appear that there is a weird stain around the date signed on the jersey? It appears to me that its a discoloration of some sort, perhaps a yellowish tint.
    That discoloration is mighty suspicious.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]