Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: OT-A broken hearted Dodger fans reflections on another unfulfilled season...

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    frik,

there are no sexist comments thrown your way, ever. If so, please point them out. I don't think you'll find any directed at you. You really should lighten up about that.

What I do find interesting is your sense of righteousness on issues, which by the way I often agree with, while all the time idolizing Jeff Bagwell.

I understand that you have met him, and have a genuine liking for the guy, and therefore have collected his stuff. But it's no secret that he was one of the biggest steroid abusers in the game. In fact, his use appears to have very well added to his early exit from the severe deterioration in his shoulder of all of his connective tissues.

You can certainly speak your mind here, but just try to keep it in perspective. As a Bagwell fan, you just might come off as insincere, otherwise.
    I agree with you that Bagwell was likely a steroid user - he, along with the other 79.99% of big-leaguers. There's no way that he got to look like he did without the juice. Plus, look at how skinny Bagwell is now, proving that his body-build is naturally nowhere near the way he looked in the steroid-era.

Plus, Bagwell admitted to using andro back in 1998. But taking the era he played in as a whole, I am still a Bagwell fan, given that his likely steroid use was no different from what his peers were doing. However, that doesn't mean that I condone steroids, and I really wish that Bagwell would have played the game clean.

As for my comments about Thome, I have always liked him as a player, but I believe it's cheap to win a ring based upon pinch-hitting for a team down the stretch. That's just my opinion.

Do I think that Thome is a great player? Of course. Do I find his team-hopping to contenders a little self-serving? Without a doubt. I think we can have disagreements about ballplayers, and keep those issues to baseball.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Re: OT-A broken hearted Dodger fans reflections on another unfulfilled season...

Frik,
    I apologize for the cheetos remark. I think it is a bit over the top to keep throwing out the sexist,pity card, however. I don't recall saying anything of the sort. Now, back to the Thome thing. Jim has played for some good teams in the past. But, he wasn't able to acquire a ring. When the Sox approached him about the Dodgers trade , he had very little time to decide. He was on the fence. But
    his team mates talked him into it. Knowing that He may never get another shot. If you were him. Wouldn't you want that chance? Yes!
    Jim is one of the most stand up guys in baseball. For you to talk smack is hilarious. He never asked to be traded.....period.
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net