Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

GUU: Romo/Portis/Bruce/Johnson/Ringo jerseys

re: the Romo/Portis/Bruce/Johnson/Ringo jerseys in the current GUU auction.

All of these jerseys are listed as being "PHOTOMATCHED".

1) what is the point of listing an item as "PHOTOMATCHED" and not providing the actual photomatch? if someone went to all the trouble of photomatching those jerseys, then why not post the photomatches so bidders can evaluate them and adjust their bids accordingly?

2) the jim ringo description and accompanying photos are confusing. the auction lists it as being "PHOTOMATCHED". again where is the photomatch? the description then reads "The jersey has been style matched to his 1958 Topps football card (#103)." is the jersey photomatched or stylematched? secondly, it'd be unfair to slam MEARS for their sloppy stylematching and then claim that this photo is a stylematch:

you can't even discern the fonts, the number of sleeve stripes or their thickness. ie: the very elements that define the "style" of a jersey. the GUU jersey has 3 sleeve stripes. the topps photo appears to show 2. i think this is most likely a case of the sleeves being folded and obscured in the topps photo but my point is that you can't tell conclusively. in the topps photo is he wearing a jersey with 3 sleeve stripes in a thin-thick-thin order as seen on the GUU jersey? are the fonts a match? if you can't tell from the photo, then the photo is not even a stylematch.

rudy.

Banned

Re: GUU: Romo/Portis/Bruce/Johnson/Ringo jerseys

Rudy note the two reapairs extending on the left shoulder from jersey photos and the 58 card. Now you have a better match on the 1959 Topps card. You are good at this...take a 1959 topps card zoom in on the left sleeve numeral "5" at the end of the "5". You can see the end of the 5 has a cut/repair through it same as the jersey. After you do this ask Chris for a job

Banned

Banned

Notice the blood spot on back left shoulder. Perfect placement.

Banned

Banned

AGAIN... A perfect match. see the ball marks on the front numeral "2".

Clinton Portis 11/30/08

I can keep going.

".. note the two reapairs extending on the left shoulder from jersey photos and the 58 card"

honestly, i don't see them. if you believe you have a photomatch and are selling the jersey as being "photomatched", then match it and post the results for all potential bidders to see. this is just common sense isn't it?

"You are good at this...take a 1959 topps card zoom in.."

no. YOU take a 1959 topps card and zoom in. you're the one selling the shirt, you're the one calling it a photomatch, and GUU is the one collecting the buyers premiums and you're asking me to match for you? you know what i'm also good at? not doing other people's work for them.

"Notice the blood spot on back left shoulder."

honestly, truly, i don't. i wish i did but i don't see it. the auction has been running for a few days now. you've had plenty of time to post the matches. get on the ball.

"AGAIN... A perfect match. see the ball marks on the front numeral "2".

your picture didn't show up for me.

"I can keep going."

then do it! post a clear, conclusive photomatch for each of the jerseys currently being sold as "PHOTOMATCHED", in their respective lots. you "can keep going" but you won't? you'll just sell the jersey as "photomatched" but won't actually provide the match? jarrod, honestly do you think this is amateur hour over here? you head a large firm with several exclusive team deals. you sell jerseys for thousands a pop, some into the tens of thousands. you had plenty of time to come on the forum and tell everyone you sold a sanchez shirt for $20k. stop this dog-and-pony show nonsense. if you sell a shirt as "PHOTOMATCHED" then show the photomatch! afterall, photomatched items go for a considerable premium over non-photomatched. who's going to realize that premium? you and chris cavalier. if you want collect this premium, get off your ass and do the work. who's going to pay a "photomatched" premium without seeing the actual match?

i look forward to seeing your results.

rudy.

Banned

First of all I dont have to post anything on the auction. It's NOT MT JOB either. Secondly, open your eyes they are photomatched it is plain as day I supplied the photos on your post. I dont have to supply any photos to the auction. If they are photomatched then they are photomatched. No where state "KINGJAMMY request if you state an item as photomatched then you must supply the photo" Get off YOUR ASS and search the photo's to prove it wrong if you are unhappy that GUU didn't post photos on the lots. YOU ARE THE AMATEUR. Not asking you to do anything for me. I was just giving a compliment. Wasn't actually expecting you do to it.

Your matches you request are on your post. I will scan a close up of the sleeve numeral of the 59 card to make you feel all nice and satisfied. How Chris runs his auction is up to him if he wants to actually post the photo on the lots. If you have anymore questions in regards to the photomatches Chris can help. ALL MIGHTY KINGJAMMY LOL!!

Banned

Just for you Kingjammy: I am going through all of my lots I consigned to find photomatches found one for the Brees. I will be in contact with Chris Monday to get all photos added to the lots. Hope this helps happy bidding

Wow, is this a confusing thread or what?

josports if you attempted to post some pictures on this thread, only the rough shot of Ringo actually showed up and it really doesn't help much.

I have absolutely no interest in bidding on any of these jerseys. If I was interested, I would definetly need to see the photo matched pictures. Why say the jerseys are photo matched without actually supplying the hard evidence? It just doesn't make sense. I have to believe GUU has the photos and I look forward to seeing them.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]