Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Opinions: Jay Bruce Game Used Louisville Jersey

Just got an email back from Earl and he said they had one set of 32 home/road jerseys in 2008 and according to their records they were size 46. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by justinwc80 View Post
    I recently purchased this Jay Bruce jersey from thesofasurfer on ebay. I'm looking for some opinions since this is my first minor league jersey. The size seems a bit large but I'm hoping some other collectors can offer insight. Thanks as always guys.
    This may be the COA. I can't read it that well. But the guy is selling some Bruce cleats from the Bats. But the COA says something about a jersey, and pants as well. Hope this helps.
    Roger http://cgi.ebay.com/08-JAY-BRUCE-GAM...item35a1ebe4af
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by thomecollector View Post
    This may be the COA. I can't read it that well. But the guy is selling some Bruce cleats from the Bats. But the COA says something about a jersey, and pants as well. Hope this helps.
    Roger http://cgi.ebay.com/08-JAY-BRUCE-GAM...item35a1ebe4af

From what I can tell, it says:

This letter certifies that the following Louisville Bats player equipment was all used by Jay Bruce in 2008

Spikes -- game used Nike shoes -- marked with #32 and dirty

This equipment was originally purchased from the Louisville bats by XX of XX, XX. (can't quite make out)

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions concerning the history? of this equipment.

Larger image:

http://i.ebayimg.com/01/!BUkIW1w!mk~$(KGrHgoOKiQEjlLmVz3(BKOJo71GDQ~~_12.J PG

OOPS ! My Bad.
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

I think Earl is wrong on this one. Jay's jerseys from the Bats in 2007 were all size 50, so I find it hard to believe he would go down 2 full sizes for the next year. Votto wore 46 the entire time he was with Louisville, so maybe that's what came up when he checked. I love Earl to death, but sometimes the Bats don't exactly keep exemplary records. Believe me, your jersey is fine. Try contacting SofaSurfer to see if he can send you a xerox/scan of his LOA for your records.

-Josh

...with that said, of course, if you're terribly unhappy with it, you could always sell it to me, haha.

-Josh

Thanks all for your help. I wish I could track down the COA, the one with the spikes looks like its only for them. I will keep looking, Josh, you can make me an offer but I'll probably hold on to it. Thanks to everyone for their input. You guys are the best!

Does anyone else have a Bruce game used jersey from his time in Cincy or even better a minor league jersey to help confirm sizes more. Thanks

Justin,

I have his black alternate Bats jersey from 2007, one of his 2008 rookie b.p./spring training jerseys, AND one of his 2008 rookie gamers. ALL size 50. He appears to have moved up to a 52 for the Reds in 2009, though.

hope this helps,
    Josh

Josh if you get a chance will you email me at justinwc80 at yahoo