Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: I Can't Believe A Baseball Sold For This Price!

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Suave,

Nope.....you're not alone at all. I not only agree with you, I guarantee you it's worth more in today's auction house environment.

Tony......that home run ball is worth more than what it went for then....easily.

And that second career Grand Slam ball has a happy home..... . I paid over $6,000 for it 5 years ago. Worth more today? Who cares, I have NO plans on selling it. My guess is it would go for $7-9,000 if I did.....possibly more.

These are little pieces of history....actual pieces that can be identified to an exact moment in time. To collectors that collect them, they are extremely valuable.....and totally cool if you don't mind me saying so myself.

Suave, would you mind telling me what you paid (buyer's premium included....grand total) for your A-Rod 50th home run ball from 2005? I am really interested to know. If you aren't comfy posting it here, would you email me and let me know? email addy below, and thanks. Did you know his 51st home run ball from 2005 was listed on ebay for $8,999.00 a few months back?

Ooops!! Forget something....here ya go: suicide_squeeze@roadrunner.com

(don't forget the underscore between "suicide" and "squeeze")

Didn't mean anything negative by it. I just didn't realize baseballs sold for that amount (other than Ruth, etc.)

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Here's a picture of it I have for inventory reasons....the ball on the right of course....
    It's kinda cool that the two baseballs auctioned off that night reside within this forum. if only we could locate the missing baseball as the auction writers wrote.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    It's kinda cool that the two baseballs auctioned off that night reside within this forum. if only we could locate the missing baseball as the auction writers wrote.
    ???
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    ???
    tony,

its kinda interesting if you read the description of the auction. i think it made a difference in which baseball went for more money that particular night.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    tony,

its kinda interesting if you read the description of the auction. i think it made a difference in which baseball went for more money that particular night.
    I have pics of Arod's Grand Slam baseballs #2 and #3. Hope to see #1 some day.

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Steve,

Just curious. Were you going after both baseballs that night?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Banned

Suave,

Nope.....you're not alone at all. I not only agree with you, I guarantee you it's worth more in today's auction house environment.

Suave, would you mind telling me what you paid (buyer's premium included....grand total) for your A-Rod 50th home run ball from 2005? I am really interested to know. If you aren't comfy posting it here, would you email me and let me know? email addy below, and thanks. Did you know his 51st home run ball from 2005 was listed on ebay for $8,999.00 a few months back?
    Hello Suicide, no I do not mind telling you but would prefer emailing you.

Just so you are aware mine is his 51st Home Run of the 2007 season.

He did not hit 50 in 2005.

The one I believe you are referring to was his 50th Home Run ball of 2007 on ebay unless there was another.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Hello Suicide, no I do not mind telling you but would prefer emailing you.

Just so you are aware mine is his 51st Home Run of the 2007 season.

He did not hit 50 in 2005.

The one I believe you are referring to was his 50th Home Run ball of 2007 on ebay unless there was another.
    My typo mistake, you are correct.....I meant 2007

You own his 50th, correct (from 2007)? The one I saw on ebay was #51 of 2007.

Banned

My typo mistake, you are correct.....I meant 2007

You own his 50th, correct (from 2007)? The one I saw on ebay was #51 of 2007.
    No I own #51

The one on ebay was #50