Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: December pick ups

I may be wrong but I believe the Swingman is usually in place of the team name and not his signature as stated

"Swingman" is in the appropiate place....it has always replaced the team name not his name.

Just got my new prized piece. A 2007 Ankiel Home cool base jersey with World Series and Josh Hancock patches.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by cigarman44 View Post
    Just got my new prized piece. A 2007 Ankiel Home cool base jersey with World Series and Josh Hancock patches.
    Cool jersey. I have a 2007 Percival jersey that isn't a Cool Base jersey. I guess since Percy came up in the middle of the season, they used an older style instead of the Cool Base. Anyways, great pickup!
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Jamie,

I'd probably say more of a "Canadian player fan" than anything. Over the years I've mostly focused my collection on Blue Jays players, but I've recently decided to branch out and collect GU memorabilia of Canadian players. And Lawrie definitely fits the bill of a top Canadian player - of course now it's disheartening to hear that his gu bats are tough to find

-Pam

2 new Giambi items:2009 Rockies helmet photomatched to HR #409 against Arizona and Dan Haren on 9/20 (I'm thinking it was his only Rox helmet,since he was only there a month,but I'm still working on the proof of that)

Now inverted:

and from the GUU auction that just ended,a signed '09 B45 maple bat:

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Had three different parcels arrive today for a total of nine bats and a jersey to add to my collection.

First, a Dustin McGowan spring training jersey. The Majestic tag has been obliterated from multiple washings.

Next, I picked up these nine bats (sorry for the blurry pic):
    -Pat Borders Tampa Bay Devil Rays (from camarokids)
    -Roberto Alomar (signed)
    -Ed Sprague Jays (signed twice)
    -Brad Fullmer Jays
    -Kevin Witt Jays (signed)
    -Alex Gonzalez (signed)
    -Chris Woodward Jays (signed)
    -Simon Pond Jays (signed)
    -Chad Mottola

-Pam

Quote Originally Posted by 2000mvpfan View Post
    2 new Giambi items:2009 Rockies helmet photomatched to HR #409 against Arizona and Dan Haren on 9/20 (I'm thinking it was his only Rox helmet,since he was only there a month,but I'm still working on the proof of that)

Now inverted:

and from the GUU auction that just ended,a signed '09 B45 maple bat:

Joe

I saw that bat and I was thinking of going after it but the autograph is not right IMHO. I have well over 60 Giambi autographs and none of them does he have the J in Jason like that.

I fell asleep and didn't make a bid on the helmet but it was out of my price range anyway. Did you get the Rockies jersey that was on ebay a few weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Cool jersey. I have a 2007 Percival jersey that isn't a Cool Base jersey. I guess since Percy came up in the middle of the season, they used an older style instead of the Cool Base. Anyways, great pickup!
    Thanks Rob. Rick was actually called up after Percy. I think it's just player choice whether they want to wear cool base or the old style. But I could be wrong. I know Rick wore both in his short time up that year.

i ordinarily don't post in this section but here's one that deserves merit
    from 2009 World Series Game 1, a game used ball hit by DJ in the 3rd inning for a double
    it happens to be his 1st world series hit in the new stadium which i thought was noteworthy
    i'll try to post pictures later
    pjb