Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: film worn jerseys

BTPH made a pretty good assessment in my opinion barry-debi. Items like these are pretty much "in the eye of the beholder." It is not so much of what you want to sell it for as it is what someone is willing to pay you for it. It is a rare item and from photos looks to be the real deal but market conditions, the economy and other forces come into play. The price will only be determined by dialogue between a seller who wants to sell and a buyer who wants to buy.
    Larry Pelliccioni

i ttok a stab at one of priemier props ebay auctions yesterday.i won an auction for one of the slayers outfits from the movie gamers.it sold for a whole 99 cents + shipping.if it is what it says it is then i got a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Pelliccioni View Post
    BTPH made a pretty good assessment in my opinion barry-debi. Items like these are pretty much "in the eye of the beholder." It is not so much of what you want to sell it for as it is what someone is willing to pay you for it. It is a rare item and from photos looks to be the real deal but market conditions, the economy and other forces come into play. The price will only be determined by dialogue between a seller who wants to sell and a buyer who wants to buy.
    Larry Pelliccioni
    Larry - I would love to get some props from 61* and The Rookie. Let me know if you come across anything cool!

You are the best! See you at the next hockey show!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Larry - I would love to get some props from 61* and The Rookie. Let me know if you come across anything cool!

You are the best! See you at the next hockey show!
    Andrew:

Wasn't there a movie filmed in DC this past summer which involved the Nationals? I wonder if any of that gear will ever surface?

Besides a Detroit Tigers batting helmet and the jersey worn by the actor playing Al Kaline, I did land a Washington Senators jersey of the actor portraying Chuck Hinton. As it worked out I was able to get the road jersey of the actor playing Al Kaline and had my source deliver to my older beloved brother out in SoCal at his favorite luncheon spot. It is a great memory in our brotherhood of over 6 decades.
    Larry Pelliccioni

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Andrew:

Wasn't there a movie filmed in DC this past summer which involved the Nationals? I wonder if any of that gear will ever surface?
    I was actually an extra in the film so can't wait to see the movie and maybe get some props.

Here is the link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1341188/

Comic actors Owen Wilson and Paul Rudd teamed up on the big-screen - to star alongside Reese Witherspoon and Jack Nicholson in an upcoming romantic comedy in James L. Brooks latest movie, tentatively titled How Do You Know? to be released in 2010.

Rudd plays the part of a Washington businessman vying for Witherspoon's affections, while Owen Wilson is a Washington Nationals baseball pitcher out to steal her heart. Expect a cameo of Andrew Lang in some of the Nationals Park scenes! (LOL)
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Thanks again BTPH and Larry four your input.

You're welcome, that is what this board is intended to do and I enjoy the assisting of others so anytime I can, I promise to try.
    And Andrew I cannot wait to see you on the silver screen! Lucky you did not bring Jakob, he would have stolen any scene he was cast in.
    See you in DC in March.
    Larry Pelliccioni

Hi Larry, I was in the movie 61* and am friends with the guy who played Al Kaline. He is a teacher at L'anse Cruese North highschool in Harrison Twp., Michigan. He's also the baseball coach. I was the Tigers 3rd base coach who holds the runner coming to 3rd base, about half way thru the movie. I have some stuff from the movie, some sleeves, 2 fuzzy batting helmets 1 NY and 1 Tigers. The stuff was watched like a hawk and if someone stole a uniform, the guy assigned that jersey had to pay for it. We respected each other so as not to screw anyone out of pay. If you have anything from that movie, I'd be interested. My email is waelchli29808@yahoo.com. I'd like to speak to you about some other jerseys I have, a guard football jersey from the remake Longest Yard, a white jersey with the name Krisor on the back, and the whole Yankee uniform (grey) from the movie Cobb. Please contact when it is convenient. Thanks, Tom W.

Hello Tom,
    Lanse Creuse North that is very cool for a kid who actually grew up in the Center Line School district.
    The one thing I noticed about your friend is that he had Kaline's unmistakable trot as he ran, down pat.
    I am in the book in Northville, call me when you want to.
    Larry Pelliccioni