Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Beware of JAYS Stars & Stipes Hats on MLB.com

Maybe Lampson could authenicate the Jays hats!!
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

MLB Authentications are hit or miss. One one end, I think it's great that they won't sign off on anything one of their authenticators didn't physically watch the player use.

On the other end, if they took a page out of the MeiGray Playbook, the numerous Game Issues that were obviously used should have been cataloged as such. Had they done due dilligence, all of the Braves jerseys issues for example would have been rectified. How can you charge for a Halladay hat and not show it as such in your database? Can you imagine a MeiGray tag listed as "Washington Capitals Game Used helmet" and charge for an Alex Ovechkin lid? Of course not, because that doesn't provide the same piece of mind MeiGray offers. The whole point of an Authentication Program is to weed out the Bob Johnson game used stuff from the superstar game used material. Otherwise, why pay the ridiculous extra premium for the piece of mind?
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Well now that's interesting. If my hat at least has the player's number in it, that'll be good enough for me as I don't have plans on reselling it, but I do agree that it's not a good business practice to sell something as player worn, and not stand by it.

I recently sent an e-mail to MLB auctions regarding one of the Jays Stars and Stripes hats because it was listed as "Toronto Blue Jays" worn hat, so I asked them who wore it. They wrote back and said they'd look into it - though in the meantime, they have removed the auction.

Right about now, I would just like my hat to arrive. It was shipped on November 29th, and they charged me $50 for shipping, so for that kind of money I would have expected overnight shipping.

Kind of annoying.

-Pam

Banned

This is not the first time MLB has done this. Early in the 2009 season I won a Jim Thome game used signed bat that was supposed to be used during the 2008 season. The bat was auctioned by the White Sox on MLB auctions and had an MLB hologram on it. The letter from the SOx described it as a Thome autographed bat, I entered in the number and it said 2009 game used spring training bat and some player's last name I had never heard of before. I have not checked to see if they changed it as I have no plans to ever sell the bat and it is clearly a Thome as his name is on the label it has his custom tape job, has alot of use and is signed with his name and game used 2008 so I am 100% sure Jim used it.

Question about Stars and Stripes GU hats on MLB

Are the ones up right now from Sep 11th?? Also, are these from just one game or are they from the whole weekends??? (4th july,mem day ext)

Re: Question about Stars and Stripes GU hats on MLB

Anyone??

The Red Stars and Stripes hats that are up for sale now are from the 2009 Season.

Looks like 9/11 is date when most were authenticated by MLB this year. At least the ones in this thread were. I'd think most were. Some of them listed were from late season call ups. So those half to be from 9/11 date.
    here is thread on them with a sweet Figgins and Manny in it from this years red caps.
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...rs+stripes+hat

Stars and Stripes Hats

Hi,

I was wondering how widely available the Stars and Stripes Hats will be. Do the teams use the same hat for all games (memorial day, july 4th, etc.). I would really like to get a hold of a Tulo one.

Thanks.

Re: Stars and Stripes Hats

All I can tell you is that the teams will be wearing them just on Memorial Day not the entire weekend, and for 4th of July and 9/11. This years caps are white with a red bill, not the red caps that they wore last year. As far as the game used caps go, I would think they will do what they did last year and leave it up to the teams to put them on MLB Auctions as many teams last year did but not all of them, starting at the price of $150 on all caps. Hope that helps.