Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Re: MLB authentication # question

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    Same as pics here show. 8/13/03, hr #29.
    yeah i mentioned I found it and posted my conclusion.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

Sean, you claim you have nothing to hide? Well, to go along with the wrong authentication numbers you gave me, you lying about the ball not being for sale when in fact you offered it to me twice, it also appears that you have multiple baseballs with the same identical inscription. It appears Joelsabi is correct. There are many of these "game used" baseballs that were falsley inscribed by the player. I am sure you are aware of this, since you clearly own more than one copy. By you attempting to pass this ball off as the one and only "8/13/03 hr #29" hit by Rafael Palmeiro, you sir have placed yourself into a very specific category. I will let the proof speak for itself.

Please be sure to look at the dates/inscription and how they line up with each other. The first two pics are of one baseball, while the last pic is of a completely different baseball. Both bearing the "8/13/03 hr #29" inscription.

EBAY AUCTION PIC

PIC OF THE SAME BALL THAT YOU EMAILED TO ME ON 1/9/10

PIC OF BALL YOU TOOK & POSTED ON 1/12/10

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    Sean, you claim you have nothing to hide? Well, to go along with the wrong authentication numbers you gave me, you lying about the ball not being for sale when in fact you offered it to me twice, it also appears that you have multiple baseballs with the same identical inscription. It appears Joelsabi is correct. There are many of these "game used" baseballs that were falsley inscribed by the player. I am sure you are aware of this, since you clearly own more than one copy. By you attempting to pass this ball off as the one and only "8/13/03 hr #29" hit by Rafael Palmeiro, you sir have placed yourself into a very specific category. I will let the proof speak for itself.

Falsely inscribed by the player is kinda harsh. I have not doubt that ASI did not misrepresent this baseball as the actual homerun baseball when they initially. The same person providing photos of two different baseballs with different ASI stickers with the same insription seem to confirms this. This is kinda sickening to the stomach.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

No, Nothing to hide here. Looks like there are 2 Game used Baseballs with the same Inscription. Not sure what you mean by "I have more than one Copy" Seems kinda like a sick thing to ASSUME. If I had 6, I`d tell you, but you dont know me.

Steve, several things I`d recommend...

#1 Re-read the e-mail I sent you, I`m sure you`ve probably saved it, you seem like the type. See anything about a price, or offer? Nope, I made it Clear I`m not interested in selling the Baseball. Why? because I`m an Ethical person. I`m not certain that it`s a real homer ball, that simple. It IS a nice game used Ball for sure. To ASSUME PUBLICLY, that I`m the type to perform ANY type of Scam is Crazy. You dont have to believe ANYTHING I SAY OR TYPE, I`m ok with that.

#2 STOP E-MAILING ME. I`m not confused here for one second. I`m getting e-mails from 2 different guys that use the same dotcom website, Both use different first names, I believe BOTH are you.

#3 I`ve dealt (successfully) off this Forum with Jim Caravello, Eric S, Tim Byington (regularly) Jeff Scott (regularly) as well as a dozen others, without ONE SINGLE ISSUE. I have both Bought & sold.

All I gotta say, Dont e-mail me anymore, what your Implying here is EXTREMELY SICK TO ME.

Sean

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMan View Post
    No, Nothing to hide here. Looks like there are 2 Game used Baseballs with the same Inscription. Not sure what you mean by "I have more than one Copy" Seems kinda like a sick thing to ASSUME. If I had 6, I`d tell you, but you dont know me.

Steve, several things I`d recommend...

#1 Re-read the e-mail I sent you, I`m sure you`ve probably saved it, you seem like the type. See anything about a price, or offer? Nope, I made it Clear I`m not interested in selling the Baseball. Why? because I`m an Ethical person. I`m not certain that it`s a real homer ball, that simple. It IS a nice game used Ball for sure. To ASSUME PUBLICLY, that I`m the type to perform ANY type of Scam is Crazy. You dont have to believe ANYTHING I SAY OR TYPE, I`m ok with that.

#2 STOP E-MAILING ME. I`m not confused here for one second. I`m getting e-mails from 2 different guys that use the same dotcom website, Both use different first names, I believe BOTH are you.

#3 I`ve dealt (successfully) off this Forum with Jim Caravello, Eric S, Tim Byington (regularly) Jeff Scott (regularly) as well as a dozen others, without ONE SINGLE ISSUE. I have both Bought & sold.

All I gotta say, Dont e-mail me anymore, what your Implying here is EXTREMELY SICK TO ME.

Sean

Just want to be clear here. Are you claiming that both of these baseball are not yours? That you only own one of them?

Banned

Now I see why I receive daily emails from some of the more respected former members telling me not to even bother here. I've turned this matter over to the moderators. I don't appreciate someone blatantly offering me an item for sale that is not exactly what it is advertised to be. Then, to top it off, he denies ever offering it to me.

In my book this constitutes an offer of sale. 10thman's direct post copy/pasted.

10thMan vbmenu_register("postmenu_177765", true);

Re: Rafael Palmeiro
    NYC, I have a Palmeiro MLB Authenticated Home Run Baseball. Signed perfectly, with an Inscription. I believe it`s an actual Homer due to the fact that it was probably over the fence, it`s really dirty, not just "Rubbed" It`s in the MLB "Database"
    Interested, send me an e-mail. I normally dont check this Board for Replies.

tempbreak at hotmail dot com

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Falsely inscribed by the player is kinda harsh. I have not doubt that ASI did not misrepresent this baseball as the actual homerun baseball when they initially. The same person providing photos of two different baseballs with different ASI stickers with the same insription seem to confirms this. This is kinda sickening to the stomach.
    Just to clarifying. i was saying that i have no problem with asi selling 6 baseballs with the same insciption provided that the baseballs were disclosed to not be the homerun baseball.

i do have a problem with a person misrepresenting it in the future.

if the guy emailing the photo and the guy posting on the forum are the same person then there is no doubt that he has been in possession of two baseballs. pictures do not lie.

owning one baseball could conceivably make a person believe they own a actual homerun baseball. however, owning two baseballs with the same description seems to provide additional information. it would seem to eliminate the belief of the owner of the two baseballs with the same exact hr inscription that either one of the baseballs is an actual homerun baseball. to say otherwise is deceptive.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Steve, You Jumped the Gun here Buddy, BIG TIME. Not only did you state that I have "2 Copies" but that I`m inscribing them. Pretty Sick Dude!!!

I have a Game used Baseball, signed by Palmeiro, that`s it. FOR YOU, or ANYONE else to suggest more than this is astonishing.

This Item was NEVER offered for Sale, I confirmed this with the email I sent you Steve!!! No money is mentioned, or suggested. Let me remind you, I said "I`m not sure what I have" I WAS & HAVE BEEN TOTALLY HONEST & UPFRONT ABOUT THIS BASEBALL.

Dont get too carried away with me believing this MAY have been a Homer ball, I`m not confused here dude. I know what I said.

Steve, this is TOTALLY DISRESPECTFUL & AN ATTCK ON ME. Let me remind you, you`ve recently been re-instated on this Board. Not only have you disrespected Me, you`ve sent me Nasty e-mails calling Chris some RUDE, PROFANE names. I HAVE THOSE E-MAILS.

You`ve proven yourself to be extremley disrespectful, OVERLY AND UNFAIRLY CRITICAL of others. This is FAR more than simply offering an Opinion.

Sean

Steve, You Jumped the Gun here Buddy, BIG TIME. Not only did you state that I have "2 Copies" but that I`m inscribing them. Pretty Sick Dude!!!

I have a Game used Baseball, signed by Palmeiro, that`s it. FOR YOU, or ANYONE else to suggest more than this is astonishing.

Um.......Sean.

You have me confused with someone else. I never said you had two of anything. Check back on the thread. Someone else said that.

I am sorry if you thought or felt otherwise.

Steve

Sean

Sean,

In referring to your post above, the portion highlighted and enlarged, I want to be clear.

I never said anything of the sort. You have me confused with soemone else here.

I understand why you are upset, but please don't mistake another member's words here for mine.

And below, where you refer to two different ".com" names emailing you that you feel are the same person? I am publicly stating that you are incorrect in assuming they are both me. I don't play silly games like that.

I hope you can get your point across without any further anger slung in my direction. You chose to come on this thread and defend yourself when you hadn't even been identified as the seller. You have nothing to prove to me. It's the other two or three members here who are calling you out.

I have no hand in this argument, nor do I want one. I also have no opinion on any prior "correspondence" you've had with any other members here regarding this ball, as I was not privied to it, and don't care to be.

Good luck,

Steve