Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Players you dislike!

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    Boomer Esiason. Seriously, what an arrogant pompous ass. I hated him when he played for the Jets and he is simply disgusting to listen to on the radio. Get over yourself. You were the Trent Dilfer of your day, a never was. At least Trent won a Super Bowl.
    Are you serious? I mean you can absolutely like or dislike whoever for any particular reason but you lose quite a bit of validity when you say Esiason was the Trent Dilfer of his day. If you take the time to compare resumes I think most can clearly recognize Boomer as one of the most proficient left handed passers to ever play the position. I don't think Trent has ever even sniffed an NFL MVP plus has over 130 less TD passes and 17,000 less passing yards. I am a big Dilfer fan, great guy and great intangibles but let's be honest, the Ravens would have had a good chance at winning with that defense even if you or I were the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjetsfan14 View Post
    Are you serious? I mean you can absolutely like or dislike whoever for any particular reason but you lose quite a bit of validity when you say Esiason was the Trent Dilfer of his day. If you take the time to compare resumes I think most can clearly recognize Boomer as one of the most proficient left handed passers to ever play the position. I don't think Trent has ever even sniffed an NFL MVP plus has over 130 less TD passes and 17,000 less passing yards. I am a big Dilfer fan, great guy and great intangibles but let's be honest, the Ravens would have had a good chance at winning with that defense even if you or I were the QB.
    I agree with you 100% Boomer's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by skipcareyisfat View Post
    I despise pretty much any player with this on his jersey....
    +1
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Barry Bonds and Manny Ramirez, hands down winners
    Same here!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Banned

Barry Bonds

Chris Coghlan-
    Re: trading 1st career HR ball back

Not only did he treat me like a criminal, his posture was aggressive and he carried an overwhelming sense of entitlement.
    On top of it, he lied to the media about the exchange and put a positive spin on it for himself.

Had you all fooled...

Barry Bonds

Banned

Good Question:

Milton Bradley,Jared Allen,Terell Owens,Randy Moss,Tom Brady,Steve Smith(Carolina Punk,Not The Giants WR),Barry Bonds,Manny Ramirez.

I have to say personally I like manny. He is probably the funniest guy in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by happyyoungster View Post
    Chris Coghlan-
    Re: trading 1st career HR ball back

Not only did he treat me like a criminal, his posture was aggressive and he carried an overwhelming sense of entitlement.
    On top of it, he lied to the media about the exchange and put a positive spin on it for himself.

Had you all fooled...
    About the trading of the ball...

I remember reading about this when it happened. The team offered you one of Kyle's bats and you asked for a signed Ramirez bat too. It's the kid's first HR baseball. That's like catching Colby Rasmus's first homer and asking for an Albert Pujols bat (kinda).

Every article I read about that (including your blog) made YOU sound like you carried a 'sense of entitlement'. It's like you were OWED something for being a ballhawk. You have to know that the staff for BOTH teams was telling Chris that you were asking for the Ramirez bat...he was probably offended.

Remember when McGwire was breaking the record in 1998 (no steroid comments please, that's not what I am getting at)?

When he got into high 50's and started breaking National League records, the fans catching the baseballs would ask for all kinds of stuff...to the point that it was ignorant. Then, this great kid, Tim Forneris (a groundskeeper) catches THE ball, #62 and asks for NOTHING...just gives the ball to Mac.

I know you thought Chris was in the wrong - but I am not one of those who feels sorry for you. You had a great opportunity to be a good guy and blew it with me by asking for something that was beyond reasonable...and expecting sympathy.

The kid gave you a game used bat with a cool inscription - "You caught my first homerun!" and you dislike him for his attitude. He could have told you to keep the ball and 'bugger off'. I think I can make out what he's saying to the camera in this photo:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]