Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: 2010 Cardinals Winter Warm-Up

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    So, did McGwire ever end up signing?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

He signed autographs for fans briefly after speaking.

Mcgwire also signed at the stadium for the five or so people who stayed out in the cold and waited for him to finish the B.P. session on Sunday. The new hotel seems a lot smaller than the Millenium and each year it seems the Pujols line gets worse. I saw two large All Star photos that he put no effort into signing, they did not turn out well, and the way the volunteers rushed you through the line, photos of Albert signing your item were nearly impossible. The Autograph he signed on my 2009 All Star Ball was great. Mcgwire also signed pretty nice on our items considering he was standing up when he signed them. They were more like the Steiner Signatures than the short sloppy ballpark version.

Quote Originally Posted by hdavid_27 View Post
    Mcgwire also signed at the stadium for the five or so people who stayed out in the cold and waited for him to finish the B.P. session on Sunday. The new hotel seems a lot smaller than the Millenium and each year it seems the Pujols line gets worse. I saw two large All Star photos that he put no effort into signing, they did not turn out well, and the way the volunteers rushed you through the line, photos of Albert signing your item were nearly impossible. The Autograph he signed on my 2009 All Star Ball was great. Mcgwire also signed pretty nice on our items considering he was standing up when he signed them. They were more like the Steiner Signatures than the short sloppy ballpark version.
    Thanks for the hilights and congrats on getting the McGwire sigs!

I wonder what it will be like at stadiums that Big Mac will be at. I hope to get some of my bats auto'd when he is in Washington!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I braved the Pujols line today and was very happy with the outcome. On my way out today, I bid on and won a signed game used Tony LaRussa jersey at the silent auction. Say what you will about TLR but there's no denying he will be in the HOF. All in all, it was a great weekend in STL!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Arrow Re: 2010 Cardinals Winter Warm-Up

Quote Originally Posted by Garistotle View Post
    I braved the Pujols line today and was very happy with the outcome. On my way out today, I bid on and won a signed game used Tony LaRussa jersey at the silent auction. Say what you will about TLR but there's no denying he will be in the HOF. All in all, it was a great weekend in STL!
    Great signed picture of Albert and Stan. Let me know if you ever want to sell it. I was not able to make it to the Winter Warm-Up, Do you know what some of the Pujols Game Used Hats and Jerseys sold for?

Thanks,
    David

Aways looking for Albert Pujols and Stan Musial Game Used and Unique Autographed items.
    www.stlouismemorabilia.com

While I was in line waiting for Albert's auto, I watched the live auction this afternoon. The Pujols 2009 game used jersey (with All-Star patch and a properly altered hem) sold for just over $5K. I'm pretty sure Matt Holliday's 2009 game used jersey sold for approx. $1200.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Thanks for the hilights and congrats on getting the McGwire sigs!

I wonder what it will be like at stadiums that Big Mac will be at. I hope to get some of my bats auto'd when he is in Washington!
    If Big Mac is anything like he was at Wrigley Field pre-2002, he is a creature of habit. Back then, before Cubs management barred fans from waiting for autographs by the wall between the bullpens for BP, McGwire ALWAYS had the same routine. If he didn't take BP, he didn't sign. If he DID take pregame swings, either just before or just after he took his turn, he'd start at the edge of the dugout, home plate side. Whomever he signed for first had their pen/Sharpie "borrowed' for his whole time signing. He went from that spot to the edge of the home plate screen, signing for everyone who was in the front row, and no one in back. After that, he'd return the pen/Sharpie to its owner, and disappear into the dugout.

Most of the autograph seekers knew his routine, and the mad dash for that segment of the wall began immediately after the gates opened. If you didn't get up by the wall in the first 5 minutes that the park was open, you were screwed!

Those who remember McGwire's habits in his playing days might look for something similar to what he did back then, allowing for the fact that he will no longer take BP.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    If Big Mac is anything like he was at Wrigley Field pre-2002, he is a creature of habit. .....

Whomever he signed for first had their pen/Sharpie "borrowed' for his whole time signing. He went from that spot to the edge of the home plate screen, signing for everyone who was in the front row, and no one in back. After that, he'd return the pen/Sharpie to its owner, and disappear into the dugout.

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    this was his M.O. in 1997 as well.

at the old Busch Stadium (at a time when i would hound for auto's) i was able to get him twice in the same week by standing at the "corner" of the players parking gate. twice he asked to borrow my sharpie and used it for everyone (standing in front) and he fired it back to me when he finished.

ive "met" him on a few occasions and every time he was cordial and accommodating.

ive since sold those auto'd photos but still have an '84 Olympic ball and a print.

nice guy IMO. hope he continues his ways with fans.

Back from the Winter Warm Up tonight. Overall a good weekend. Very busy as everyone has said. Lines and people everywhere. The new venue was not really any better in my opinion. Picked up a very nice Colby Rasmus bat from the Authentics store and got Matt Hollidays and Pujols autographs. A little disappointed in the GU selection this year. Pujols was as usual not very friendly to fans. There were 3 people wanting to handle your item at the front of his line. It may seem crazy but I am pretty sure that he was signing photos in the darkest spot he could find. I saw numerous people with blue and black sharpies on the darkest areas of photos. You didnt really have time to specify where you wanted it exactly on a picture. My son did sneak a card up there that he reluctantly signed after whining about it to me first. Here are some photos of my items.

Thanks
    Jason
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by stlbats View Post
    Picked up a very nice Colby Rasmus bat from the Authentics store
    Sweet bat. I got the opportunity to play 1 game with Rasmus in summer ball. I was on his team along with his brother Cory and Kasey Kiker. They are AMAZING players.
    Always buying David Justice items