Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ethics Question Regarding Game Used & Fanfests

Andrew, I will make this my first post ever since you are wrongly calling me out!!! Don't know who 08Cubs is and don't care. I have no problem with you or others buying up the jerseys and doing what you want with them. My issue is really with the Nats - they do not have much game used which casues the issue with low inventory. Also, they probably should have sold this in the team store at the entrance so people did not have to trek upstairs and halfway around the stadium. Just for your knowledge, right after you left, I bought the 2005 Hughes jersey and a lineup card and was done. Would I have liked some of the other players - sure - but I have much more important things to worry about than which jerseys I get. As I mentioned to you, i just want a variety of jerseys that the Nats have worn over the years - don't really care who they are or belong to. Would have liked for my first post to be something else but so be it. I understand you are a nice guy so hopefully we will do much trading together going forward as I am just getting into collecting Nats stuff for me and my kids. For all of you, love the site, by the way - have learned alot. Ari

i imagine if you are in line together for over an hour, a conversation would come up on what items they were looking for. did that occur?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Andrew, I will make this my first post ever since you are wrongly calling me out!!! Don't know who 08Cubs is and don't care. I have no problem with you or others buying up the jerseys and doing what you want with them. My issue is really with the Nats - they do not have much game used which casues the issue with low inventory. Also, they probably should have sold this in the team store at the entrance so people did not have to trek upstairs and halfway around the stadium. Just for your knowledge, right after you left, I bought the 2005 Hughes jersey and a lineup card and was done. Would I have liked some of the other players - sure - but I have much more important things to worry about than which jerseys I get. As I mentioned to you, i just want a variety of jerseys that the Nats have worn over the years - don't really care who they are or belong to. Would have liked for my first post to be something else but so be it. I understand you are a nice guy so hopefully we will do much trading together going forward as I am just getting into collecting Nats stuff for me and my kids. For all of you, love the site, by the way - have learned alot. Ari
    The Nats have only been around since 2005 and from what I have read from other threads and this one. They had jerseys from 2005 and up.
    How much did you expect from a team that has only been around since 2005?

Andrew,

My post was poorly worded, misleading and myopic, and I apologize. I had no intention of intimating you had done anything wrong. I would have been the one standing in line and getting what I thought were the best had my wife told me I was krazy to take our 7 year old into subfreezing weather for an hour’s wait. I did get the best jersey they had to offer thanks to you, and I readily admit that. The jerseys you bought were for collectors from out of town or those not able to attend because of the snow. They not intended for making a resale profit on ebay. As usual, your intentions were honorable and well meaning. I am sorry for the distress this has caused you. I came away with 3 myself: Lannan ’09, Walker & Majewski ‘05s, and cannot in good conscience let people think I would limit myself under the circumstances.

-Jim

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    The Nats have only been around since 2005 and from what I have read from other threads and this one. They had jerseys from 2005 and up.
    How much did you expect from a team that has only been around since 2005?
    I mean some red homes, blues, road jerseys, special jerseys, etc... They only offerred 2005 whites plus the blue jersey Andrew mentioned. I don't want to get into a back-and-forth about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    this whole thread is LOL

Grown men arguing over Nats FanFest and who bought jersey's and got there first. Come on kids !
    I agree. This is funny kids. I go to team sales and have walked away with as much as I can carry. The best strategy and the biggest credit card limit wins. This is nothing new. The teams need a well thought out plan for good stuff. Those Nats jerseys as said were mostly junkers

There will always be hurt feelings. If you waant to get peesed off, how many deals are made by an inside guy or a team employee or back doored and the general public sees them for the first time on ebay. how do you think some dealers have a few dozen of one team. Ever wonder how BPH gets several of one teams jerseys huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I mean some red homes, blues, road jerseys, special jerseys, etc... They only offerred 2005 whites plus the blue jersey Andrew mentioned. I don't want to get into a back-and-forth about this.
    Sorry, before someone corrects me, they also had some 2008 whites with the Nats Park patches - already had one so I skipped these.

This isnt all about Nats so what about the Pujols autographs. They were limited and some people were getting multiple autos. is that right. i think again good strategy and probabily paid a premium price for it.

i think the most extreme case of theis Fanfest season was probabily the 2 Wieters jerseys that 1 guy snagged. should he taken just 1

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    And just so I know, I don't want to assume your name but if you were standing there with us, does your name start with an A and end in an I?
    No.

As for the rest, I've said my peace and agree that there is little point to bickering any further over it.

Quote Originally Posted by 08Cubs View Post
    No.

As for the rest, I've said my peace and agree that there is little point to bickering any further over it.
    There were 5 of us there. So what is your name?
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500