Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: brewers fansfest

This was my first fanfest and I have to say it was just ok. I was one of the crazies out side at 0430. I had my choice between being #1 in line for a Braun auto 5x7, or be in the top 15 to meet Robin Yount. I had to go with Rockin Robin. Yount was awsome! I actually got to talk with him for 30 seconds and shake his hand, my GF did too! Yount's signing was at 1230 and Braun's was much later. I figure Braun will be around for a long time, Yount rarely comes here anymore so it was a easy decision.

My negatives: INSANE team store prices. The only item I even thought about was the Sheets 2008 GU jersey for $500. All the rest was CRAZY! The worst was the Greg Councel GU bat for $1,200!!!!! It was also cracked!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or the Prince Fielder GU helmet for $1,800, which was actually low by their $$$ lol. I watched a kid drop the Fielder helmet so hard that it left a small crack in it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Letting people handle the GU stuff was just as stupid as the prices!
    The food was also horrible! I could get better food at a gas station!
    Too many card dealers too! Cards are D-E-A-D, i thought their would be way more GU dealers there.

My highlights:
    Meeting and getting 2 autos from the greatest Brewer ever.

2 great GU bats of Escobar and Gamel just pounded with use!

What was up with the Brewers website stating that Fielder was only signing photocards and personalizing them. I wanted to go mainly because I wanted my helmet signed, so I said forget it, and lo and behold on the news there he is signing bats, balls and jerseys. Why the misinformation (again) ? The Clubstore store prices are still crazy too? I thought they were going to get those back in line. 1800 for a helmet? That's 6 x's more than they charged less than 2 years ago. Unbelievable.

Glad to hear lots of you guys got your stuff auto'd and picked up some nice items. Heard a couple horror stories, but that's to be expected with limited autos and a one day crowd of over 10,000 fans.

Banned

BrewCrewSacker,
    You should have introduced yourself when you bought the Gamel and Escobar bats from me. Glad to hear that you like them that much. It's great to hear that you were able to get Robin's autograph.

Jeff,
    I heard that Prince wasn't happy with the Brewers choice to only sign the pictures cards so he decided to sign what ever the fans had with them. I thought that was a great thing Prince did there!!

I also agree with everyone that the team store prices are "WAY OVER PRICED"......

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    BrewCrewSacker,
    You should have introduced yourself when you bought the Gamel and Escobar bats from me. Glad to hear that you like them that much. It's great to hear that you were able to get Robin's autograph.

Jeff,
    I heard that Prince wasn't happy with the Brewers choice to only sign the pictures cards so he decided to sign what ever the fans had with them. I thought that was a great thing Prince did there!!

I also agree with everyone that the team store prices are "WAY OVER PRICED"......
    What's up Skube! I'm glad it was you! You have a website????

Banned

I don't have a website or a store. If you have any question feel free to email me.

I've got a 2006 GU Fielder Brewers BP jersey (signed, MLB hologram and Mears LOA), a 2008 GU Fielder Cerveceros jersey (signed and MLB hologram) and a GU Fielder minor league retro uniform (signed jersey, pants, and extras) and I didn't pay more than $500 for any one of them. Those team store prices are nuts!

As a Twins fan, I used to complain to the Twins Pro Shop staff about our prices versus those of the Brewers. Now the Twins Pro Shop has reduced its prices and it sounds like the Brewers have gone the other way. Just wait until the Brewers pro shop is swimming in overpriced GU items, supply and demand means those prices will have to change.

Jamie I have to disagree with you. I was the first person in line and when the doors opened up I went straight to the brewers rummage table. But by then you were done buying and walking back to your table. That's how you got the openIng day base last year. They may not have sold to you until 10 but vendors are allowed to walk straight to the table and cherry pick what they want then at 10 pay for it. I was still able to get great items so I'm not mad at all but it is unfair. So maybe next year I'll pay the fee to be a vendor or find a vendor and pay him nicely to get me in early. Just my 2 cents. And you sold my brother the capuano bat. He loved it. I has sheets number on the knob.