Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: USPS - Stolen items

Hi

Have never had a bat taken yet (knock on wood) but did have a weird ordeal with the UPS man. It was a Sat. and I was doing yard work and he pulled up in his truck and looked at me and went to the back of his truck. When i reached the truck i noticed that he was sliding my 73-75 H and B Pitchers bat into the tube (carrier it had been in. When i asked him why he was doing that he said the package had been damaged and the bat had fallen out of the tube. I looked at the tube and could clearly see that the tape had been clearly cut open. When i questioned him about this he got upset and said i have my bat and i should be happy. Since that day i refuse to send anything UPS

Jason

Exclamation Re: USPS - Stolen items

I can tell you what the problem is. I've shipped USPS for over 12 years. My postmaster told me anything that is shipped by plane is done by FedEx. The USPS has a contract with FedEX, think about it.... USPS doesn't have an airline, so they contract with FedEX. I always have a problem with the Arizona area when it comes to bats. I've receive two empty bat boxes from that state; that's when my postmaster here in ohio told me about the contract they have with Fedex.

Quote Originally Posted by cincy13 View Post
    I can tell you what the problem is. I've shipped USPS for over 12 years. My postmaster told me anything that is shipped by plane is done by FedEx. The USPS has a contract with FedEX, think about it.... USPS doesn't have an airline, so they contract with FedEX. I always have a problem with the Arizona area when it comes to bats. I've receive two empty bat boxes from that state; that's when my postmaster here in ohio told me about the contract they have with Fedex.
    Never new that. Thanks for the info

Banned

That is not true at all!! I worked for United Airlines for 10 years and all the mail goes through the airlines. Mostly United and American Airlines.
    Thats how the airlines make most of there money.
    Thats why they can still afford to send a half empty airplane because instead of luggage they can pack the crap out of the plane with mail.
    Trust me I have been in the pit of the plain packing the crap out of it with mail. Its not fun at all

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    That is not true at all!! I worked for United Airlines for 10 years and all the mail goes through the airlines. Mostly United and American Airlines.
    Thats why they can still afford to send a half empty airplane because instead of luggage they can pack the crap out of the plane with mail.
    Trust me I have been in the pit of the plain packing the crap out of it with mail. Its not fun at all
    Wow, I didn't know that. Interesting!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I'm just tell'in what the cincy postmaster told me. The point is, USPS doesn't have their own airline, so your mail is exposed to alot of non-USPS people.

Banned

I'm just tell'in what the cincy postmaster told me. The point is, USPS doesn't have their own airline, so your mail is exposed to alot of non-USPS people.
    Yeah I do agree with that.
    Boxes get damaged and the item can fall out very easily.
    Trust me it has happen to me many times.

I got a bat in the mail the other day, and the box had clearly been opened. The tape was completely cut and then retaped(looked like it was done quikly). Luckily, the bat was still in there.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Banned

“The general public can rest assured that the integrity and delivery of their mail remains the highest priority for the Postal Service,” said Gleisner. “Of the thousands of employees who work for the Postal Service, sadly it takes only one or two to tarnish our integrity.”

Read this article about a postal employee with sticky fingers.

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/em...l-service.html

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    FedEx Planes DO to ship USPS Express and Priority Mail. USPS has a contract with FedEx. Has been done for four to five years now. Media Mail parcels usually shipped on domestics flights. If there is room it goes. That's why Media Mail is so slow.

UPS even has a contract with USPS to drop parcels at local Post Offices to deliver for them.

Times have changed . . .
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com