Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: I finally acquired my Rollins gamer/grail

You might be right on the price of the Rollins bat at the store in Citizens Bank. My memory could be failing me, but I thought the cracked Rollins bat was being sold for $250. If it was $450, that's still a steal. You won't find an authentic Rollins bat with a MLB hologram and Phillies COA for $450 anywhere.

Congrats. Dewey on your acquisition. I guess what I will be sending you this week pales in comparison!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    Last night I was fortunate enough to win the Jimmy Rollins '09 World Series road jersey that was on MLB Auctions.

As some of you might have read on previous threads finding a legit Rollins jersey to add to my collection has been somewhat of a disappointment. I have bought and returned 3 different Rollins jerseys for different reasons in the last year or so and recently had someone with a photomatched '08 Rollins jersey decide not to sell. Well when his WS jersey popped up on MLB Auctions I told myself I had to get that one.

As far as I know this is the only Rollins WS jersey offered to the public. I know he donated his '08 home WS uniform to a local Philadelphia museum, http://www.phillychitchat.com/2010/0...t-donates.html and I assume he kept his road jersey or gave it to his family. I was told that he kept his '09 home WS jersey so that mean this is the only other one. I was also told that this is the same road jersey he wore during the second half of the season and all through the playoffs so in addition to being worn in the WS it was also game used for a good part of the season.

Being that he is from my hometown and the same high school this is definitely the centerpiece of my Alameda Sports collection. I can't wait to get it!
    pm sent
    looking for anything from former Tampa Bay Buccaneer & current Jacksonville Jag Roy Miller

Dewey,

I am jelous. That is a great pickup. Congrats!

Rob

I finally got around to taking pics of the jersey and wanted to share them with the forum. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes on me adding the jersey to my collection!
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Very cool!!
    looking for Phillies GU bats

Congrats again Dewey! Glad to see this awesome piece go to you and a fellow collector that will enjoy it If you ever want to sell.... hehe!

That is one beat up jersey, very nice. Gotta love those stamp tags on the cool base jerseys.

Banned

wow what a cool looking jersey congrats from the looks of it it was worth every penny. it is great to see people obtain their grail.