Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coinincidence?

Coinincidence?

As some of you may know the Syracuse Chiefs are auctioning off their game used home jerseys on the MILB auctions website. For a few days now there was a GU Milledge jersey and I emailed the Chiefs yesterday regarding if something could be done about the price. I checked the auction last night and noticed it was still active. This morning I received an email back from the Chiefs regarding that the auction has ended on it. Surely, it can be a coincidence that the jersey was sold this morning, but it was just something that ran through my head. Let me just say that I'm annoyed about the jersey being sold.

Re: Coinincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    As some of you may know the Syracuse Chiefs are auctioning off their game used home jerseys on the MILB auctions website. For a few days now there was a GU Milledge jersey and I emailed the Chiefs yesterday regarding if something could be done about the price. I checked the auction last night and noticed it was still active. This morning I received an email back from the Chiefs regarding that the auction has ended on it. Surely, it can be a coincidence that the jersey was sold this morning, but it was just something that ran through my head. Let me just say that I'm annoyed about the jersey being sold.
    I learned this the hard way early on here...

Sometimes an item is 'outed' here...and if more than one person collects items that fit it's description - let's just say that part of collecting is the competition from other collectors (friendly).

I saw the thread when the jersey was mentioned and the number of people that looked at it. Trust me, I feel your pain. I've lost so many things to other people that I have had to re-focus my collection several times over. A few times, on items that have been on eBay and had zero interest until mentioned in the forum.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is like the fifth big loss to me, so I was hoping to compensate them by getting this Chiefs jersey because it is sharp and I really wanted that jersey. Realize though, you probably collect a much better and logical player than I do. Lastings Milledge, IMO, really isn't a must get guy and can't imagine that anyone else collects him other than his mother as another forum member put it.

$350 for a minor league jersey of common players? I don't think they will sell too many.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    $350 for a minor league jersey of common players? I don't think they will sell too many.

That's really kind of.....insane. I'd be interested in the Eldred and the Clippard but not for 350 clams. I picked up Clippard's game used alternate worn in the last game at Cooper Stadium in 2008 direct from the Clippers two years ago for less than a hundred bucks. My best guess-they have a ton of jerseys to raffle off at a game, none of which fetch $350.00.

That price has me wondering, especially of a player like Milledge. I have no idea who would pay that much for a Milledge jersey. The only players that MAY be worth that money is Stammen, Desmond, Martis, and Dukes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    That price has me wondering, especially of a player like Milledge. I have no idea who would pay that much for a Milledge jersey. The only players that MAY be worth that money is Stammen, Desmond, Martis, and Dukes.
    They probably took an offer from someone. Alot of people just like to get what someone else wants and in a month it will probably be on Ebay.

I can only hope so, but I've not be so lucky with losing out on his jerseys recently. Lost one on MLB auctions a few months back and hasn't turned up, lost one from the Lynchburg Hillcats and hasn't turned up, and lost one on Ebay a while back that was actually being offered on this forum but was never given a heads up, and that jersey has yet to resurface. Just a very crushing day "hobby-wise" and hopefully it will resurface. Just doesn't seem fair when you have gone through the effort that I put into this. Oh well

As BigTruck mentioned, this does happen. Hopefully, no one on this board is the buyer, but I certainly wouldn't hold my breath. I learned my lesson 5 years ago. It was at that point that I asked about a jersey that had been offered in an ebay store for quite some time. I asked about characteristics that I should look for. Amazingly within the hour it was sold. I've always wondered who purchased, no doubt someone on here, and I've always had my hunches as to who. But I have learned to let go, and simply don't post questions about specific jerseys or provide links to them, anymore. It is ashame, because the more people that get burnt, the fewer that will post, which will result in less information being passed around. Just my 2cents.

I feel for you, and will keep my eye open for it to resurface. The good news is that if the buyer tries to resell (or better yet NEEDS to resell) down the road it may work in your favor. If you think the price paid is too much, you might just find that you get it for a very cheap price. I've had that happen both as a buyer and seller of minor league stuff.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Well there's no way the buyer will ever get what they paid because he will never be worth that price. I hope it's no one on the forum that bought it because if they did, what were they thinking, considering that Lastings is not going to have much of a career. Any help is appreciated if it shows up again and someone heads me up. I'm still looking for his B-Mets jersey, Lynchburg jersey, and TBTC Bucs jersey.