Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: HELP; Anyone dispute an auction house over item cannot photomatch?

Just fast forward to Jeter ab's you could
    look at all these games in a few hours easy
    I do this all the time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    Just fast forward to Jeter ab's you could
    look at all these games in a few hours easy
    I do this all the time.
    well think about it game worn does not necessairly mean at bat worn he could have worn it for one inning on the field. this is an impossible task whether it be video or photos or whatever. what if switched into it and wore it on the bench in the bottom of the ninth and did not bat in the inning. isn't that still techincally game worn. for example the mo jersey that was in the game used universe auction last year was sold as gu even though mo did not pitch in the game it was from and is currently being resold on ebay as such and was originally labeled by steiner as such. this guy is never going to know for sure either way. if the auction house refuses a refund then what does he do incur legal fees and expenses suing them? those add up fast and as an attorney i can tell you that very rarely do courts award a plaintiff legal fees and expenses and if he loses then he is throwing good money after bad. selling it in an auction will not work either as everyone who looks at the site is now familiar with the jersey and with the questions raised by the current owner, is anyone going to gamble a signifcant amount of money on this thing? it seems doubtful. and i would imagine a large portion of the potential bidders are either members or guests of this site. it is the true nightmare situation for every collector and i feel terriable for him.

Banned

"impossible task" lol. No, a solution. If I paid that much I start watching
    you never know. How do you know he wouldn't find a match in the first game? Actually, trying to match your items is the best part of the hobby.

You may not find your answer by doing this, but it's not impossible and at least you tried everything......and you might get lucky.

Thanks for the help Schubert! Yea, the only problem is that I don't have access to MLB tv and secondly, like you said, will all the 21 game innings have a nice, HD quality-type, spot to pause and take a clear picture? Maybe so, I don't know since I never have went on/seen MLB tv.com site and their re-broadcasted games.

Sure, if someone wants to help me out and has that kind of time, I would be honored and even pay a fee for doing so. But I don't really want to ask that of anyone specifically.

As Legal said, I hate to put this in any auction as a) The last thing I want is someone (probably outside GUU) bid on it thinking they are getting what I thought I got and b) Most auction viewers are probably GUU members and I'm sure I wouldn't even hit a reserve.
    But outside of that, there's no grounds I can see of getting a refund from the auction house so it's what I might have to do, to at least give it a shot. Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Thanks for the help Schubert! Yea, the only problem is that I don't have access to MLB tv and secondly, like you said, will all the 21 game innings have a nice, HD quality-type, spot to pause and take a clear picture? Maybe so, I don't know since I never have went on/seen MLB tv.com site and their re-broadcasted games.

Sure, if someone wants to help me out and has that kind of time, I would be honored and even pay a fee for doing so. But I don't really want to ask that of anyone specifically.

As Legal said, I hate to put this in any auction as a) The last thing I want is someone (probably outside GUU) bid on it thinking they are getting what I thought I got and b) Most auction viewers are probably GUU members and I'm sure I wouldn't even hit a reserve.
    But outside of that, there's no grounds I can see of getting a refund from the auction house so it's what I might have to do, to at least give it a shot. Hmmmm...
    I say re-consign it to the auction house you got it from. They stand by the authenticity and quality of their product so they shouldn't have any problems including it in their next auction.

Sorry my signature was made back when Chris invited me to join his site as a hockey authenticator, when he originally started the site. I did not know he changed his rules now that he is an auction house.. I guess I am in direct competition, huh?

I am not in agreement with this rule, buts its his site not mine.

I will change my sig.
    Rich Ellis
    W-(763)-537-4572
    C-(612)-229-7202

Nickacs -

How much is a PhotoMatch worth to you???

Not a joke - I am 99% certain I found your jersey - ON JETER, in game, WITH Band and 10 patch...

Drop me a line here or eMail me...

- Chris
    xpress34@comcast .net

Ahh, come on Chris, Post what you have
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Ahh, come on Chris, Post what you have
    ONLY because you asked nice Rob... I really wanted to let the suspense build a bit...

Let's start by saying that we all can agree that photo matching a pinstripe jersey is like matching fingerprint... no two are alike and the odds of two pinstripe jerseys having their appliques aligned identically are astronomical...

Welll, some of the other thoughts got me thinking outside the box... maybe the jersey was used in 2007 and worn WITH the patches, just NOT in the timeframe Nickacs was constricting himself too... Yanks played Post Season ball in 2007... and continued to wear the Patch into the post season... that said, from Getty Images - Oct 8, 2007... ALDS vs Cleveland

I did a quick match and using Paint indicated 7 deliberate matches which should be MORE than enough to verify Photo Match and therefore GAME USE... just not during the Season, but even better - in the Post Season!!!

Here's his original photo w/ 7 points marked:

And the Getty Image with the same 7 Points marked:

I could not find a good pic of the side showing the patch or the back showing his number to verify there as well, but the odds of these 7 points - especially on the NY and the pinstripes - is (again) astronomical.

It is MY OPINION, that this IS the jersey.

What do you guys think???

All the best -

Chris

Nickacs...

Can you post a picture of the sleeve with the patch laid out flat??? Looking to see how the stripes run through the numbers...

- Chris