Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: This fan deserves an a$$ kicking!!!

Here in dallas there are certain games i refuse to go to when they are in town. The red sox and yankees. They have the ultimate bandwagon fans. The funny thing is i bet the majority of them have ever been to either stadium.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Oftentimes, it is not worth discussing, and this appears to be another time. Many people get my point....'Philly fans arent classless' and if you want to sit there and make a beef about snowballs, consider we are one of only a few cities that even get THE CHANCE to throw them...Give Dallas, oakland, anwhere south of carolina the CHANCE to throw them....guarantee they will....and as i said before, most of you probably cheered when we through them at Jimmy Johnson....forget it, getting on a tangent.

We are demanding, knowledgeable, and probably tougher on the athletes than some cities....Does it make us classless because we do not accept mediocrity?

Our passion is not an excuse for what transpired at the Phillies game and it is 100 percent unacceptable, but being from the area a lifetime and listening to people who are not from the area speak as if they 'know' philly
    fans gets under my skin a bit......if you want to hate us because we are the rivals, cool, I am on board, i get it....I HATE everything about the Mets, wouldnt ever do anything, but it is fun to hate the mets, it is PART of the fun.....

there are idiots EVERYWHERE in this country, and they're in YOUR town too!

Turned into a human prune watching Halladay mow the fish down friday night.....the guy is unbelievable !

You guys ever been to Wrigley? A dump of a stadium with a bunch of drunken Chicagoans .... awful experience. Remember when someone threw a beer on Victorino last year? No? Figures. Had that been in Philly, we'd still be hearing it.

Shea? Gimme a break. Same thing. And the fans in the Bronx are some of the dirtiest, foulmouthed people I have ever been around. Kinda weird looking as well.

Philadelphia is not an easy place to play in, but the way the MEDIA portays us is completely exaggerated.
    looking for Phillies GU bats

Well Neal, Shea no longer exists and Mets fans (although fair weathered and not the brightest) are harmless. Philadelphia is a war zone compared to the few fans that even go to the games. Yes, there are other revenues that aren't so welcoming, but no question Philadelphia tops that list.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Well Neal, Shea no longer exists and Mets fans (although fair weathered and not the brightest) are harmless. Philadelphia is a war zone compared to the few fans that even go to the games. Yes, there are other revenues that aren't so welcoming, but no question Philadelphia tops that list.
    sounds like they would welcome revenue with open arms at Shea (or whatever the new name is)
    looking for Phillies GU bats

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    sounds like they would welcome revenue with open arms at Shea (or whatever the new name is)
    They will pay you to go, then lose.

Philly fans, don't get too uptight about it. Make no mistake, you've done plenty to earn your reputation. Enjoy it, lavish in it......there are a lot of Philly folks that do.

Yes, be proud of the fact that when I go to a travel agency (ANY travel agency) here in Tampa to see about booking a trip to see a Bucs away game in Philly they all invariably say "we don't advise it, Eagles fans are garbage....they've got an actual jail set up in the stadium to hold all the d-bags they have to arrest at every game".

Philly fan' behavior is legendary and sure there are idiots in every city, there just happen to be a whole lot more in Philly where acting like a jackass and berating visiting fans is accepted as the norm.

I go to several Bucs home games and have yet to hear a visiting fan get any more than good-natured smack talk from any of the home crowd. We're not animals down here but I'm highly certain that if you were a Bucs fan giving a visitor a bunch of s#!t you'd probably get your ass kicked by fellow Bucs fans. That's just not how we behave.

Seriously, if you Philly folks ever want to stop people from bashing you then you need to clean it up. You're always gonna be the worst city, you're always gonna be the targets of the media.....until you start policing yourselves and one another and make a concerted effort to change what the world thinks of you. If you see some douche bagging on a visiting fan be a man and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Until that day comes, (I predict it will come in the year "two thousand and never")........enjoy and take pride in your label. You've earned it.

"Seriously, if you Philly folks ever want to stop people from bashing you then you need to clean it up. You're always gonna be the worst city, you're always gonna be the targets of the media.....until you start policing yourselves and one another and make a concerted effort to change what the world thinks of you. If you see some douche bagging on a visiting fan be a man and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT."

funny you say that, the title of the thread says it all.....the people in the stands did EXACTLY that, and yet, it is barely mentioned? you only reference the action, not the RE-action.....and aside from Millings breif encounter im guessing 25 years ago, nobody that has had anything to say so far has any personal experience....they just continue to trot out the same.....old......story and heresay?

Tell me Tampa, if the Philly fan is sooo bad, why dont you share some of your personal experiences when we took over the town in 2008 when Tampa had no interest in supporting the Rays, so half the stadium was filled with visiting Philly fans....dont recall any problems there? but that wouldnt make any sense? we are arrogant idiots that piss and vomit on little kids....any good stories of philly fans stealing old ladies' hambags?

I met either Zobrist or Longoria's mom (my memory is failing) at the series when they were in Philly, and I didnt even know who they were at the time, I just struck up a conversation with them because they had a rays jacket on, and asked them how long they were up, etc, and she said that they followed the team down from Boston, and then she finally said that her son was on the team....and she said a funny thing....that the fans in boston were way worse than she thought, and that Philly fans werent nearly as bad as EVERYONE says they are....? and that was a PLAYER'S Mom, wearing a visiting team's jacket?!???!?

You realize that you are one tiny voice among a million dissenters, right?

If your brothers will clean up their behavior you wouldn't have to stick your neck out to try to defend an entire populace.

Sorry dude, but "where there's smoke there's fire". The whole world knows it.

Bottom line: Philly, if you don't like being called dirtbags......
    do something to change it.

My encounter was actually 5-6 years ago, if that helps.