Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: Mets Game Used Turn Back the Clock jersey arrived today from Steiner

They just had the 69 tbc on ebay.It went for around $400...Did you ever see the Rawlings tbc game worn????

Quote Originally Posted by dcrules01 View Post
    They just had the 69 tbc on ebay.It went for around $400...Did you ever see the Rawlings tbc game worn????

Sure, Picture your 86 retro used two weekends ago and take away the 25th anniversary patch and the name plate. The NOB on the 2002 retros were not on a nameplate but directly sown on like the regular season jerseys.

David

Congrats on the Hearn David

Quote Originally Posted by dcrules01 View Post
    Congrats on the Hearn David
    Just couldn't resist. Steiner actually offered it to me close to the final hammer price and I almost pulled the trigger 2 weeks ago.

I plan on offering Ed Hearn to swap jerseys as I know the ceremony worn jersey will mean a heck a lot more to him than it ever will to me !

Thanks Scott!

Swap jerseys?? You know Ed Hearn???

The original list of "non roster players" that was priced at $195 per jersey included the Bannister at first... but the Bannister was promptly removed from this list and privately auctioned. This auction took place at Shea Stadium from what I heard, but I didn't hear anything further about it.

I received the Franco uniform today, it's outstanding, I'll try to post photos later this weekend. Just for an update, mine is set 1, I know several others had mentioned receiving set 2 jerseys, not that it matters much.

Abe

This post is just to let you guys know how we can use turn our interests into something postive for someone other than ourselves. Please don't respond and just enjoy the story as I'm not looking for any accolades.

Name:  edretro.JPG
Views: 199
Size:  12.1 KB
    Ed Hearn during the 86 Mets
    reunion 8/19/2006

As you all know I bid on Ed Hearn's ceremony worn 86 ceremony jersey and won it. Well I decided to win the jersey and offer it back to Ed in exchange for the one that was given to him after the game. After I offered to swap he said he was touched however he really didn't care too much about it but perhaps his wife Tricia may be interested. Now I did meet Ed's wife back in 2004 when he came over the house to do a private signing and she is fully aware of my Ed collection. After I emailed Tricia to see if she was interested in "the jersey" that Ed wore during the ceremony she responded that she would love to have it for their son Cody. You see Cody never got to see his Dad play ball and it never really hit home of what his Dad accomplished with the 86 Mets. Tricia told me that night during the ceremony everything came together for Cody as he watch a sell out crowd cheer for his Dad on the field at Shea. I had a feeling that this jersey belong back with Ed and family where it would have more sentimental value than in my collection or some other person's collection. Hearing what this jersey will mean to Cody Hearn made this THE best purchase I ever made during all these years of collecting!

-David

My Sisk arrived today as well. Also set 1. I was hoping for a size 48, but it appears Doug put on a little more weight than I though, as the jersey is a size 52. Fits, just a little big.

Quote Originally Posted by LHG39 View Post
    My Sisk arrived today as well. Also set 1. I was hoping for a size 48, but it appears Doug put on a little more weight than I though, as the jersey is a size 52. Fits, just a little big.

Wow! a far cry from the size 44 he wore in 86!

David