Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Just Curious what the Average Age of a Collector is and How many years have you been collecting Game Used?

38 years old. Been collecting since about 96/97, although I got my first game used bat way back in 81 while at a Yankee game, when Aurelio Rodriguez cracked his bat during BP and guy walked up and handed it to me. Still have that bat.

Re: Just Curious what the Average Age of a Collector is and How many years have you been collecting Game Used?

34 years old.

Started collecting cards in 86'.

Started collecting gu items 04'.
    Boondocksaint:cool:

Always looking for J. Damon, M. Cameron and Orlando Cabrera game used items.:cool:

Quote Originally Posted by coxfan View Post
    I'm on the old side at 61, though still in great health. Now retired, and walk typically 5-10 miles daily. I've been a baseball fan since 1957 ( I remember the Dodgers moving from Brooklyn). But I started game-used collecting only about 5 years ago. I grew up in the small town of Milledgeville, Ga (of recent NFL infamy), but moved to South Carolina as a young adult, and was never near enough to a major-league team to know g-u stuff was available until recently.

Coxfan, good for you! I walk 4-6 miles daily and ride a bike for leisure fun.

I am 48 and have collected cards since 1977. My first game worn jersey was purchased in 1988; it is a green 1985 Athletics Bill Krueger and I still have it.

Don

40. been collecting stuff for over 25 years, mainly clemente. game used for about 10-11 years.

50. Been collecting for 36 years. Started out with sports cards (36 years); then autographs (22 years); then game used (13 years). My first game used was a Juan Gonzalez game used bat, batting gloves, and cleats. Was hooked from then on.

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

29 YOA. Been collecting GU since 2007 and got back into collecting baseball cards (vintage RCs only) in 2006.

wade

18 - Started collecting around 8 or 9 with cards and got into game used stuff about 5 years ago.

I'm 29 Been Collecting Cards Since I Was 15 And Gu Since I Was 18. I Use To Own A Card Store But When The Econ Crashed I Was Forced To Close It Down

44 - started with cards at 5, autographs at 35, 19th century baseball equipement at 37, game used at 39.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

17, been collecting for two years now.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com