Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Overseas Shipping Question

Welcome to the forum---

There are a few Shipley bats on Ebay from Blue Chip. They are a good compamy that will probably be willing to work with you as far as mailing if you call or email them directly before ordering..

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRAIG-SHIPLEY-Game-Used-Bat-SAN-DIEGO-PADRES-AUTOGRAPH-/250595186231?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a58a3 1637

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRAIG-SHIPLEY-Game-Used-Bat-SAN-DIEGO-PADRES-R454B-/250595186519?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a58a3 1757

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRAIG-SHIPLEY-Game-Used-Bat-SAN-DIEGO-PADRES-R454B-/250627160107?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5a8a f82b

Left Field Collectibles also has 3 or 4 Shipley bats... The owner, Art jaffe, is as reliable as they come and also would probably be responsive to a phone call or email about shipping prior to ordering.

http://www.leftfieldcollectibles.com/CS/ProductList.aspx?ca=MB&from=S&to=U&sort=Name

The problem may be that there is, in my opinion, significantly more work involved in overseas shipping, and not everyone may be willing to do that for a $50 sale. I know, sellers should treat a $ 10 customer the same as a $ 500 customer, but that isn't always so.

Good Luck

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Thanks for the points everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    The Trent Oeltjen jersey is MLB Authenticated, the hologram is on the cool base tag at the bottom.
    I did a bit of research on this piece, and Trent didn't even play in this game. If he wore it while sitting on the bench, is it still considered "game used" I thought that ommision of fact was a bit dodgy...

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Also you need a seller willing to mail to Australia. I once sent a package to Australia and the shipping was steep, I think around $50 for a medium package. I used USPS "Priority Mail - Internal Medium/Large Parcel Flat Rate Box" plus tracking.
    I have this problem (finding sellers to ship) with cards. Is there different companies in the states that do shipping? Sometimes I recieve bubble mailers with cards with $1.44 postage on them...so sellers want up to $15 postage...would the more expensive options be insurance/tracking ect? When you say USPS - is that different from chucking something into an A5 bubble mailer and taking it down the post office?

Quote Originally Posted by MSpecht View Post
    Welcome to the forum---

There are a few Shipley bats on Ebay from Blue Chip. They are a good company that will probably be willing to work with you as far as mailing if you call or email them directly before ordering..

Left Field Collectibles also has 3 or 4 Shipley bats... The owner, Art jaffe, is as reliable as they come and also would probably be responsive to a phone call or email about shipping prior to ordering.
    Thanks for the links Mike. I saw the Shipley's there, but again, because of no MLB Authentication I was worried about them...

How hard is it to forge GU bats? With the names printed on it ect... Especially from common players like Craig Shipley, Dave Nilsson ect...would people even bother? And can you forge a MLB Authentication holo?

Quote Originally Posted by Tedw9 View Post
    Of course, as you mentioned, the BST forum on here is a fantastic place to buy game used items. There are some really smart guys on here who know their stuff. These boards are a treasure trove of information and cool stuff for sale or trade.

Either way, I hope to see you post often, sharing your new pick ups with the rest of us.
    I have a feeling that I will be asking a lot of questions here. It maybe a while before my first purchase so i'll probably ask a lot of redundant questions but hopefully you will all be patient with me!

One last question - how do you get the forums to display the oldest posts at the top on page 1 and the newest at the bottom of the last page? The past couple of days it seems some threads are newest to oldest while some are the opposite!

Thanks,
    Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Klattsy View Post
    I have this problem (finding sellers to ship) with cards. Is there different companies in the states that do shipping? Sometimes I recieve bubble mailers with cards with $1.44 postage on them...so sellers want up to $15 postage...would the more expensive options be insurance/tracking ect? When you say USPS - is that different from chucking something into an A5 bubble mailer and taking it down the post office?

One last question - how do you get the forums to display the oldest posts at the top on page 1 and the newest at the bottom of the last page? The past couple of days it seems some threads are newest to oldest while some are the opposite!

Thanks,
    Mark.
    there is a government owned such as united states postal service and then private companies such as federal express (fedex) and UPS (united parcel service). they all have websites online to calculate postage. I think what sellers do is overcharge for the "handling" (time spent going to the post office, time spent in line, time filling out internation transaction forms that you would normally not do for domestic sales) . I have made it a point for international sellers to contact me prior to bidding to determine shipping cost. the gentlemen I did a transaction with has travelled to the United States before and once had to mail excess baggage to Australia. He told me usps was the cheapest and sent me to this link to determine postage, http://ircalc.usps.gov/ based on size of package.

on the last question, you need to change your user option. at the top of the page you will see a line of dropdowns menus. click on the last dropdown (quick links) and you will see other options. Click on "Edit Options". Scroll down to the section titled "thread display options." You will change the first or three dropdowns to "Linear - oldest first" Save at the changes at the bottom of the page by click the "save changes" button.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by Klattsy View Post
    Thanks for the points everyone!

I did a bit of research on this piece, and Trent didn't even play in this game. If he wore it while sitting on the bench, is it still considered "game used" I thought that ommision of fact was a bit dodgy...
    Most jerseys are worn for more than one game. It might have been authenticated after a game he didn't play in, but if you try to photomatch it you can probably date it to other games he played in.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Most jerseys are worn for more than one game. It might have been authenticated after a game he didn't play in, but if you try to photomatch it you can probably date it to other games he played in.
    I am not sure in this case. "los d'back" logos look like a one game deal but maybe its for a series. was this done for the immigration protest?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    click on the last dropdown (quick links) and you will see other options. Click on "Edit Options". Scroll down to the section titled "thread display options." You will change the first or three dropdowns to "Linear - oldest first" Save at the changes at the bottom of the page by click the "save changes" button.
    Genius. Thanks HEAPS. The seller was describing it as "RARE". I can't access ebay at work to check again, I was under the impression it was a one time thing as well.

Just curious as to what people thought about this comment of mine: "How hard is it to forge GU bats? With the names printed on it ect... Especially from common players like Craig Shipley, Dave Nilsson ect...would people even bother? And can you forge a MLB Authentication holo?'

Would anyone bother forging these?

Thanks and have a good weekend,
    Mark.

I think you hit it on the head about forging common players' bats. Odd are if someone is going to go through the trouble, they will do it with a big name player that they can make more off of. It is definitely safer, although not completely free of fakes, to buy lesser know players. As far as forging an MLB Hologram, the numbers can be checked on the database on mlb.com. So short of hacking the MLB database or having someone on the inside this would be impossible to do. (I've never heard of this happening).
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Sorry to re-hash this thread, but I have another issue along these lines...

There are some GU cleats for auction, again, they are a special issue and the description is thus: "This game used pair of cleats was worn by Grant Balfour in the August 13, 2010 Turn Back the Clock game vs. the Baltimore Orioles. Cleats and signature authenticated by Major League Baseball. Proceeds from this auction will benefit the Rays Baseball Foundation as well as the Moffitt Cancer Center."

Again, Grant did not pitch in this game at all, but I assume he was in the bullpen. So is it really game worn if they where sitting on the bench? I mean, as we have talked about in another thread, you can be suited up on the bench but still be on the DL - would that be considered GU?

These are probably going to be my first GU purchase, and it would be a shame to degrade them in anyway...

Also, does $50 postage for a pair of cleats sound a lot? I could get them sent to my aunties place in NY for $15...but then how much to forward to Australia? Does anyone have a handy pair they could weigh up for me?

Thanks,
    Mark.

They would be game worn, but not game used. You see it a bunch with pitchers that dont pitch during a Turn Back The Clock game or something like a Jackie Robinson Day game. I guess if you collect the guy it shouldnt matter, but if you're looking for something worn in a game he played. You might want to pick up something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    They would be game worn, but not game used. You see it a bunch with pitchers that dont pitch during a Turn Back The Clock game or something like a Jackie Robinson Day game. I guess if you collect the guy it shouldnt matter, but if you're looking for something worn in a game he played. You might want to pick up something else.
    Yes I do collect him, and the fact that they are MLB Certified (GU & AU) lends weight to the price tag, but would $100 + $50 postage be unreasonable for a game worn item?