Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Here

Re: New Here

Guess he didn't have a second to change his Corky Miller Reds Jersey (completed now) listing, although I made him aware of the mistake beforehand:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-Cincinnati-...#ht_4795wt_913

Corky was #37 as a Red now and then. Of course, putting Corky Miller (current player on a post-season bound team) would bring more money than whatever Miller that was back then. Hmm.
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

Steve, I just finished looking through the Cardinals jerseys you have listed on eBay. Here's some information that should help you out:
    • Your '78 Buddy Schultz road jersey is a minor league jersey that wasn't worn by Schultz. The back number is set high and there's no NOB -- that's what's differentiates minor league shirts from major league jerseys. A more accurate description would be "Cardinals '78 minor league road jersey signed by Garry Templeton."
    • Your '88 Lee Tunnell jersey is one of two things: game issued or spring training. Lee last played for the Cards in '87 and missed the '88 season, spending it in AAA. They obviously made a jersey for him in '88... either worn in spring training or ready in case he was called up. Considering they typically wore recycled shirts in the spring, I'd assume the latter.
    • The 2000 Medina jersey was likely worn by Rafael Medina, a non-roster invitee to spring training in 2001.
    • The 2002 Garrick jersey was worn in spring training by Matt Garrick.
    • The 2005 Alberto Guerrero jersey actually was worn by Wilton Guerrero in spring training.
    • The 2005 Mercado jersey was worn by Hector Mercado, again in spring training.
    • The Carmen Cali jersey is probably a 2006 spring training jersey. The Cardinals don't put year flags in spring training jerseys. His 2005 regular season shirts likely had year flags.
    • The 2006 Tony Cruz jersey actually was worn by Deivi Cruz in spring training.
    • Finally, the Nick Stocks jersey is a mystery. Nick was in the Cards organization, but Matt Morris wore #35 every season Nick was here. Can't quite figure out how Nick ended up with a #35 jersey. Whatever the case, Nick never made the show with St. Louis, so it's also a spring jersey.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by rdeversole View Post
    Guess he didn't have a second to change his Corky Miller Reds Jersey (completed now) listing, although I made him aware of the mistake beforehand:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-Cincinnati-...#ht_4795wt_913

Corky was #37 as a Red now and then. Of course, putting Corky Miller (current player on a post-season bound team) would bring more money than whatever Miller that was back then. Hmm.
    I wasn't ignoring your insight, or trying to mislead anyone. The information I worked off of there was provided to us by a collector. Obviously, that information was wrong. When you had sent your message, the item had already had bids, and I can't change the listing after it has bids.

I wish all I had to work on around here was the jerseys, but that is not the case. Many times I try and get to this stuff, but it sometimes it slips through the cracks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KrukCards View Post
    I wasn't ignoring your insight, or trying to mislead anyone. The information I worked off of there was provided to us by a collector. Obviously, that information was wrong. When you had sent your message, the item had already had bids, and I can't change the listing after it has bids.

I wish all I had to work on around here was the jerseys, but that is not the case. Many times I try and get to this stuff, but it sometimes it slips through the cracks.
    I have defended your company in the past, but posting that you don't update auctions or sales because you don't have time and you possibly sell misidentified merchandise is no excuse.

If you are selling an item with an incorrect description on eBay and it has bids, you can end the listing and relist it properly or you can add to the item description after bids have been received.

I believe the issue here is that there are a lot of items that members of this forum have found issues with and they have properly notified you of those issues and nothing is changed. The members of this forum who take their time to let you know of issues are correct a very high percentage of the time and it is a shame if you are notified you are misrepresenting an item and it is brought to you attention but you are too busy to take the time to fix it.

I expect more for a classy operation like Kruk Cards.