Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Gamers with Date Specific Inscription

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Again, if I saw a Sabathia Nike Glove with the inscription the “Game used Opening Day 2009” the inscription, I would not have a problem with it.

If you look up on ebay keywords opening day yankees 2009 and click "enter", you get a majority of items referring to the game held on April 16 for sale.

I own a game used baseball that commemorates the opening day at Safeco Field held on July 15, 1999. First game ever at new Yankee Stadium was referred to as opening day by announcers, reports, and Yankee fans. It has to do with being the first game of the season at that stadium. Thats my understanding.
    Of course you get that, as it was "Opening Day" for The Stadium. Opening day, generally, refers to opening day of the baseball regular season.

The words opening day, usually mean the first game for a team for a season.

Quote Originally Posted by skier14 View Post
    Of course you get that, as it was "Opening Day" for The Stadium. Opening day, generally, refers to opening day of the baseball regular season.

Make up your mind. You said "This has nothing to do with the opening of a new stadium". Now you say it does.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    They use Opening day bases in home openers, so that's kind of confusing.
    Well here is a list of opening days for the Yankees. It seems there is one every year.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/open...dule.php?t=NYA
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Make up your mind. You said "This has nothing to do with the opening of a new stadium". Now you say it does.
    My mind is made up. Opening Day for Yankee Stadium is different than Opening Day.

Here is a list of Yankees opening day pitchers (notice not all at home)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rting_pitchers

My mind is made up. Opening Day for Yankee Stadium is different than Opening Day.

Here is a list of Yankees opening day pitchers (notice not all at home)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rting_pitchers
    I am glad you see the difference and the broad use of the word "Opening Day" by people.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Again, if I saw a Sabathia Nike Glove with the inscription the “Game used Opening Day 2009” the inscription, I would not have a problem with it.

If you look up on ebay keywords opening day yankees 2009 and click "enter", you get a majority of items referring to the game held on April 16 for sale.

I own a game used baseball that commemorates the opening day at Safeco Field held on July 15, 1999. First game ever at new Yankee Stadium was referred to as opening day by announcers, reports, and Yankee fans. It has to do with being the first game of the season at that stadium. Thats my understanding.

since you are very strict in your interpretation, i am surprised you did not correct me and say that its actually the inaugural game at yankee stadium.

the term opening day has been used loosely to mean home opener, opening day (in your strictest sense), and inaugural game by reporters, announcers, writers, and fans. thats all i am saying. and if a player wants to use the term opening day outside of the strictest sense of the word for an inscription, i would not hold it against the item and would consider the item. i am done with this thread.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

I find it amazing how much pent up energy is released on this forum sometime.

Back to the actual topic rather than a philosophical debate... The good news is the glove appears to be legit!

this is my only date specific instruction: Game Used 11-4-05

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Here is my only date specific item... I cant photomatch it due to the lack of photos from this era. Vernon Wells HR bat.

-Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    I find it amazing how much pent up energy is released on this forum sometime.

Back to the actual topic rather than a philosophical debate... The good news is the glove appears to be legit!

this is my only date specific instruction: Game Used 11-4-05

Thanks for bringing the focus back where it should be. Yes the good news is I have good news for my friend in Japan.

Nice bat!
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com