Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Re: October pickups....

I agree, great Cairo hat. So much more than just a cap.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyERyon View Post
    Just picked up two 80's Orioles lineup cards. Both are the top copies bearing the original autograph/writing of manager Joe Altobelli.
    Sweet line up cards

I forgot to list my line up card that I recieved this week. It is a Grady Sizemore home run game.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Millwood was a great guy here in dallas. He financed a habitat for humanity home and many thought he would show up for a photo op. He did but he climbed on top of the house and started laying shingles. There arent many big leaguers with the type of salary he has that would do the same. Great guy and awesome with fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Picked up A Game Used Signed MLB Authenticated Orioles Kevin Millwood 2010 Jersey.This Jersey was Worn on Oct 3 2010 And was Worn For Sure before that As well.I got this from The Person that Won The Jersey for Shirt off my Back Promotion that was after The Game On The Field.The same Time that I got My Adam Jones Game Used Signed Jersey.

Thanks
    Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    I have a Milledge jersey that was switched from "44" to "85" and left behind a lot of trails.

It has surprised me how often I have seen this. When MLB owned the Expos and Nationals they did that a lot of name/number switches and they still employ the same Clubhouse Manager so it didn't surprise me that they still do it. I have a few other players jerseys where they did an amazing job of name and/or number switches and it is cool seeing the outlines and the history behind it kind of like 2 players using the same bat.

What really surprises me is how they pull off stitching and the letters for the name and the jersey numbers on the front and back and don't rip the jersey. I know nothing about being a seamstress so maybe it isn't all that hard but it is impressive to me!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    It has surprised me how often I have seen this. When MLB owned the Expos and Nationals they did that a lot of name/number switches and they still employ the same Clubhouse Manager so it didn't surprise me that they still do it. I have a few other players jerseys where they did an amazing job of name and/or number switches and it is cool seeing the outlines and the history behind it kind of like 2 players using the same bat.

What really surprises me is how they pull off stitching and the letters for the name and the jersey numbers on the front and back and don't rip the jersey. I know nothing about being a seamstress so maybe it isn't all that hard but it is impressive to me!
    Andrew, don't you have a Zimmerman jersey that at one time was worn by Wil Cordero?

Andrew, don't you have a Zimmerman jersey that at one time was worn by Wil Cordero?
    Wow, you are good, yep. That was a name change only and you could still see part of the Cordero name. He was #25 in 2005 which was the same as Cordero and they both wore the same size.

I had a couple of others from 2005 and 2006 that were done the same.

Most recently I got Shairon Martis jerseys with a number change which was odd since he never returned to the team!

Your Milledge's were cool as you found great photos showing the old number outline!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Do you have pictures of the jerseys you own that show the previous outlines?

Do you have pictures of the jerseys you own that show the previous outlines?
    I will do that this weekend!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Picked up a Tulowitzki 2007 Used, Signed batting practice hat. Will have pictures up later.